About to embark on a full set of eyebrows by hair transplant. Will Botox be an interference to the hair transplant procedure?

I have had Botox to the Glabellar lines last week. Will this interfere with a hair transplant procedure of the eyebrows a month later?

Botox does not effect hair transplant

There would be no effect on having a botox treatment a week before a hair transplant to your eyebrows.

Botox injections and eyebrow hair transplant

The Botox will not interfere with your eyebrow hair transplant. I would however mention your prior Botox injection to your surgeon.

Botox and hair transplant

Botox should not interfere with any procedure to your eyebrows at this point. The exception would be if you were having an active allergic reaction, infection, or active inflammatory response. Best of luck!
Johnson C. Lee, MDPlastic Surgery 

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Botox for the Glabella and Eyebrow Transplants

Hi, and thanks for the question. Your Botox should in no way interfere with your hair transplant procedure. Best of luck! 

Botox would not interfere with a hair transplant treatment

Thank you for your question Violinsta. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression such as the vertical lines seen between the brows when one frowns. I would advise my patients that Botox would not interfere with a hair transplant treatment. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations.  Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Eyebrow transplant and Botox

There is not interaction with the surgery and Botox. PRP has been used in this area to stimulate growth as well as Latisse. Have you tried these?

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Botox and Hair

Botox will not affect the hair transplantation, but if you are concerned speak to your physician.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Will Botox Injections Interfere With Eyebrow Transplants

Previous Botox injections will not interfere with the success of your eyebrow hair transplants. Blood circulation, a very important consideration in transplant surgery will not be compromised.

Botox will not interfere w/ hair transplant to eyebrows

I actually think that if anything, Botox will help to keep movement out of the area so that the grafts can set in undisturbed. Not to worry, but do mention it to your surgeon beforehand. 

Lily Lee, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Botox and hair transplant

The only person whose opinion matters regarding this question is your hair transplant doctor and no one else.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon