East Asian female, looking for natural, subtle results. Should I get alarplasty + closed rhinoplasty (for bulbous tip)? (Photo)

My nose looks too large on my face (particularly when I smile) and I wish to reduce the size. However, people have agreed that a big nose suits my face and I want to retain my distinct look. I'm looking for a subtle correction: a nose that is more proportionate to my face but still (moderately) bigger than average and not too sharp. Would an alarplasty + closed rhinoplasty for nasal tip work (since I only want subtle changes) ? What would be the best approach for a minor tip reshaping?

Asian rhinoplasty implant options

You can achieve increased tip refinement with either a closed or open approach. A greater amount of refinement is probably possible with the open approach vs. the closed. Both approaches can give you a natural appearing, attractive nose.

The balance between your bridge, tip and nostrils is critically important in creating an attractive nose. With Asian skin, often the thickness of the skin requires increasing the projection of the tip of the nose, in addition to reshaping the cartilage, to increase its definition and size. Often when the tip is projected, the bridge may also need to be augmented slightly to maintain the balance.

The best way to determine what specific changes will look good on your face, and what changes are surgically possible, is to do your research to find the top Asian rhinoplasty specialists and consult with several of them in person. During your consultation, your photos can be computer-morphed to show how the changes to your nose will affect your appearance. An Asian rhinoplasty specialist will have the experience to determine whether the morphed images are surgically attainable.

Also, while there are several approaches to building up your nose during Asian rhinoplasty, using tissue from your own body will give you the safest, longest-lasting, and attractive result.

Asian Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. It would be helpful to see your entire face as well as close-up pictures of the nose to understand how your bigger nose is unique to your face. Closed Rhinoplasty is performed with incisions inside the nasal passages and as an alternative to open rhinoplasty. Open Rhinoplasty is performed with incisions around the nose and through the center of the nose allowing for better access to the underlying structure of the face. The incision is barely perceptible and many surgeons feel this approach allows for a more detailed and predictable approach to nasal contouring. I suggest that you consult with a single or double board certified facial plastic surgeon.Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD