2 months post-op, could this be an early sign of capsular contracture? Slight discomfort in my right breast only. (photo)

I am now 2 months post op of a breast lift and augmentation. I am in communication with my Dr. of course about this situation. I would like to know if my right breast looks like early signs of capsular contracture? There is slight discomfort (soreness) on my right breast only. It seems to be worse when I wake up in the morning. Some days it seems less swollen and misshapen. Warmth in the shower really relieves the discomfort and I massage.

2 months post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Kind regards 

Shaping and Contour During Post-Op Healing

Understanding the Healing Process

HEALING OF SENSORY NERVES: Tingling, burning or shooting pains, which will disappear with time and should not alarm you, indicate regeneration of the sensory nerves. If these sensations cause pain, repeated, local self-massage helps.

ASSYMETRY: The two breasts commonly heal quite differently. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff.

SHAPE AND CONTOUR: The final shape of your breasts will start to look its best approximately three (3) months after surgery. It takes time for the skin and muscle to stretch and relax around the new implant. The breast will often look higher, firmer, and “less natural” in the first three (3) months. It can take up to a year to see your final result.

FOLLOW-UP EXAMS: These are generally done in 1 week, 2 to 3 weeks, 3 to 6 weeks, 3 months, 6 months to 1 year, and 1-2 year intervals. In our office we include all of your follow up appointments in the  initial surgical fee.

While you may be having some issues in these first few months, there is always the possibility that healing is still in progression. If you find that you are concerned or have questions about your healing, then it would be good to visit your plastic surgeon to have the area examined.

Capsular Contracture

Your description of what you're experiencing and your photograph indicate capsular contracture as the cause for your problem. Although massage may make it feel better, massage won't fix the problem nor would it have prevented the problem. You'll need a revision surgery in a few months. Be sure your doctor is an ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeon that specializes in revision breast surgery. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Capsular contracture

Thank you for your question.  It could very well be a sign of the start of cap con which should be addressed with your surgeon.  In the early stages you can be treated with a medication called singular and it can help stop the progression.  Best of luck.