Could early removal of the inside nose bandages cause deviated septum after septoplasty? (Photo)

As the title says, could removing the inside mesh early that keeps the blood from coming out result in the corrected septum to come back or something? Is that even possible? I`m asking because one of the nostrils does not work as good as the other. I know it`s still swollen inside but shouldnt they both work the same? Is it normal for one to work so much worse than the other? Also, I have a small bump of "meat" on the inside of my nose that I did not have, you can see in the picture.

Nose Concerns after Septoplasty

Hi Ravaell,

It is actually normal for one side of the nose to heal better / faster than the other during the early post-op period. From the photo, it doesn't look like you have a hematoma or an abcess so there is no need for immedicate concern.

The bump on the right side may be caused by early granulation tissue from the healing wound which may be caused by focal inflammation or infection.

Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon