Should I try Botox or am I not getting enough units put into the eye area from Dysport?

I've had Dysport twice in 2 months (150 units) to lift my forehead and droopy eyelids. It has not lifted my eye area.

Dysport or Botox

Thank you for your question.  The amount of Dysport used sounds like the correct amount for the areas you had injected.  Due to the fact that Botox and Dysport are both neuromodulators, the mechanism of action is very similar and therefore you most likely will not see a difference between the two.  However, the technique of injection plays a large role in the end results.  Be sure that you see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who has extensive training and experience in injections for all of your future treatments. 

Dysport Dosing

Hi and thank you for sharing your question! The amount of your Dysport seems to be within the range and actually most of time I can create the bow lift with less amount of Dysport. Beside the total dose, the way the injection is done and the how  total dose is distributed across the target area has a great role as well. I would recommend that when your Dsyport wears off, get a second opinion from a well-experienced physician in this field. I hope it helps and good luck!

Elham Jafari, MD
Irvine Physician

Dysport for browlift

Sorry to hear about your situation.  An important factor to consider is technique.  It may be worthwhile to get a second opinion.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck! 

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Botox or Dysport for Brow Lift

Botox or Dysport can work to give a brow lift in appropriate candidates. However, it is a subtle lift of only about 2-3mm and it doesn't work for everyone. The dosing of your Dysport sounds about right. If you are not seeing results it's probably because of the technique and placement of the injector, or you just aren't a suitable candidate for it. There are other longer term options for brow lifts. Please see an experienced provider for an in-person consultation and evaluation.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

150 Units of Dysport for Browlift

Hi Kao, typically we use approximately 90 units of Dysport for the Dysport browlift.  If you have had 150 units twice then something is wrong.  Either it's a bad injector, bad product or your concerns are not fixable with Dysport.  

To see an example of one of our recent Los Angeles patients that had a Dysport browlift, visit the link below.  

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

You had a good dose of Dysport.

The problem is not the drug.  The problem is either your doctor's technique or your issues are not appropriate for cosmetic botulinum toxin.  I recommend getting several opinions.  Don't fall in love.  Carefully listen to what the consultants have to say before deciding what to do next.

Dysport vs Botox for Forehead/Eyes

There should be no significant clinical difference between the 2 products. If you aren't getting what you want, discuss with your doctor and/or seek another opinion. Neuromodulator in the forehead is not used for lifting but only to smooth out wrinkles. If lifting is needed in the forehead, RF or Ulthera is needed. Dysport can help raise the eyebrows a couple mm at best.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Here's What Works

This is hard to answer without a before and after picture. I try to lift the lateral eyebrow with botox and fillers.  Radiofrequency treatments with thermage also help to lift the brow/eyelid area.  I recommend seeing an expert in eyelid rejuvenation for a formal consultation. Best, Dr. Emer

Botox vs. Dysport

Thank you for your question.  I'd be more concerned with the placement of the Dysport as Bototx and Dysport are very similar.  Dysport placed in the forehead will smooth out the forehead wrinkles, but if placed too low in the forehead can make your brow feel heavy.  When it is placed correctly and in a certain pattern it can lift the brow, but will not lift the eyelid.  Often you will need a Blepharoplasty to fix droopy eyelids rather than Dysport/Botox.   I would recommend seeing a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is experienced in injections as well as facial anatomy.  Best of luck to you! 

Shahin Fazilat, MD, FACS
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon