Drooping mouth corner treatment - asymmetrical (Photo)

Hello doctors i noticed that my mouth corners have drooped especially one side and make me look frown or sad face. how to fix this issue for longer lasting result?

Doctor Answers 2

Dropping mouth

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi Sarah, what you're seeing is due to the cheek volume loss in your face that slowly happens as we age. The way to fix this is using a filler called Voluma, which lasts up to 2 years. I would recommend injecting it into your upper cheeks, to bring your mouth corners up and give you a natural lift. I would start with 1ml of Voluma per side. I do thousands of this procedure a year and clients love the results.

Columbus Physician
5.0 out of 5 stars 24 reviews


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi Sarah,

There are many fillers on the market, but I would recommend Botox. Such a procedure would work by injecting the areas immediately below the exterior corners of your lips. This will lift and tighten the sides of your mouth to eliminate the "permanent frown" that you're referencing.

Warm regards,

Dr. Berger

Andre Berger, MD
Beverly Hills Physician
5.0 out of 5 stars 13 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.