Do I have double bubble? 2 weeks PO. (photos)

Creases were lowered, the right breast looks normal but the left looks like the old and the new folds are mixed. On the side of the breast my old and higher crease is defined and the new isn't, not even to the touch. Implant's edge should continue after the incision up to my armpit but it doesn't. I can only see my old fold on the side, I don't see two like in a typical double bubble so maybe it could be the muscle squeezing that edge? I do have pain there. More noticeable in person.

2 weeks is 2 early

2 weeks postop is very early. When the crease is lowered there is always some early fold visibility, but it should relax and stretch over time. Be patient and allow things to heal. 3 months is a good time to re-evaluate, but always best to discuss with your surgeon.

Assessing postop results

Two weeks is very early to tell anything. Lowering the fold requires time for the weight of the implant and the surgical maneuvers to smooth the contour of original fold.  Keep in close contact with your surgeon and apprise him or her of your concern. Hopefully you had a thorough consultation, and he or she explained what to expect and what revision surgery may be necessary.  Usually three months is necessary to appreciate the final result. All the best to you!

Whitney A. Burrell, MD

Double Bubble Two Weeks After Breast Augmentation

Thank you very much for your question and congratulations on your recent breast augmentation procedure. Unfortunately, at two weeks post-op, there is still a significant amount of swelling present in your breasts. Over the next four to six weeks, your breasts will heal and the swelling will resolve, allowing you to fully assess the results from surgery. If you still have concerns, I recommend scheduling a follow-up appointment with your operating surgeon.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Double bubble 2 weeks after breast augmentation

Hi 23xxcc,

Thanks for your questions and photos.  2 weeks is very early and you are still quite swollen.  The result demonstrated by your photos is quite good, but I do see that slight crease where you old fold was corrected.  This should become less apparent as your swelling improves, but will likely always be present. A high fold is a very difficult problem to completely eradicate and I commend your surgeon for making you very symmetric with a nice breast shape on both sides.  

Without any pre-op photos I can't be certain, but I suspect that the left breast was likely smaller with a higher fold than the right before your surgery, which is why you can still see a faint sign of the prior fold.  Your result is really quite good and should improve over the next few months.  If you continue to have concerns, please speak to your surgeon to get their best advice.

Best wishes!

Dr. Brown

Daniel Brown, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Double Bubble

There is a shadow of your old inframammary fold, and based on your surgeons incision placement, this was intentional, and that the implants are not lower than desired (incisions are at your new crease, not somewhere above the crease).  Although it is very early, I've never seen even faint shadows disappear. With time, as the implant softens and drops, it may not be as obvious as it is now, even if it does not go away. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Double Bubble

I completely understand your concern and by looking at your pictures and understanding the procedure there is a high likelihood that you have a double bubble but it is far too early.  I would discuss this with your surgeon so he/she can keep a close eye on it.

Fold

Thank you for the photos and question and you are still too early post op to judge your final result so try to be patient - overall you look great!

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Breast Augmentation - Double Bubble

I am not sure 2 weeks is adequate to assess a double bubble.  I see a hint of what is bothering you but at this early phase, this could be just swelling.  Support your implant with a good push up bra for 3 months and then reassess.  Hang in there and best wishes!!

Do I have a double bubble?

Hi, 

Thank you for your question and photo.  You are still too early in your recovery process to determine if the double bubble is permanent.  The pocket is still getting adjusted to having the implant and the dermal bands in the previous crease sometimes requires time to stretch and smooth out.  As your implants settle, it will help in this process, which sometimes can take upwards of 3 months. Be patient and make sure to discuss your concerns with your doctor, who would be able to best answer your questions. 

Hope this helps and best of luck to you! 

Sincerely,

Dr. Chung 

Chia Jen Lynn Chung, MD
Puyallup Plastic Surgeon

Drop & Fluff

Thank you for your question and photos. Your breasts are still early in recovery. At only 2 weeks post op there is swelling and pressure displacing your implants and changing contours. Over 2-6 months the tissues will soften and allow your breasts to "drop & Fluff" I recommend that you hold off evaluating your results until then.

All the best