Is this dorsal curve more likely to be swelling or a hump residue/beak deformity? (Photos)

Currently, I'm only 7 days post op and my cast got removed yesterday. However, when the cast got removed you could already see the dorsal bump/curve that is shown in the (after) photo. Will this reduce overtime? Is it likely to be swelling or is it a residual hump/undercorrection? After cast removal I haven't experienced any new swelling.

Residual dorsal hump

Unfortunately, I do not feel that your hump will improve with time. In fact it will likely get worse with time. You should follow up with your surgeon to get a revision of your nasal dorsum earlier rather than later especially since your residual hump looks like it may be over the middle 1/3rd of your nose which will require further resection of cartilage.

POST RHINOPLASTY RESULTS

Dear showmesomesweet, You are early in the recovery phase so you will have some swelling that will dissipate over the coming months however I suspect that you still have a residual hump. An examination by your surgeon can determine this for you. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty Result

Hello,It is difficult if not impossible to make these kind of judgement calls with accuracy by looking at photos on the internet. However, it appears your nasal dorsum still exhibits a 'bump' that may not be swelling.  Have a discussion with your doctor.  If you feel compelled, go on a few second opinion consultations.Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS