Is my donor good enough for 4000 Grafts? (Photos)

Hallo, i posted a question a few days ago, if a FUE Transplant is possible for me. I am 30 years old and i am taking propecia and minoxidil since 10 years. I wanted to get a 4000 Grafts FUE Transplant, but i am not sure if my donor is thick enough for this. It looks somehow thin. How many grafts could be extracted from my donor? Thank you very much for your answers

Donor Density

On the pictures provided, it appears that your donor hair caliber is above average and the donor density is average.  A procedure of 4000 grafts will thin your donor region slightly, but if done well, the appearance of your donor region should not change. 

There are only a handful of clinics that have the capacity to achieve 4000 grafts in a single setting so make sure to do adequate research.

Good luck

Beverly Hills Physician

Donor supply

To answer your question, you need your donor density measured with an instrument that will give you a real metric. We do this all of the time in our office. If you have a lower than normal donor density, then 4000 FUE grafts could produce a transparent donor area.  As the pioneer in FUE, I feel strongly that donor density measurement should always be made prior to doing FUE. I have general problems with your thinning that might make a hair transplant less than satisfactory. Come visit me as you are local to Los Angeles or come to our Open House this Saturday where you can meet me, see a surgery and meet other patients that have had hair transplants. It is in my office from 11-2pm.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

One cannot determine your doctor hair quality or density with photos. This involves an examination in person.

One cannot determine your doctor hair quality or density with photos.  This involves an examination in person.  Even with great donor hair, 4000 grafts will likely make the back of your head look thinner (depleted). 

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon