Post tummy tuck: Will I have dog ears, mainly on the left? (photos)

I had surgery, tummy tuck with muscle repair and lipo to flanks and abs. But i am seeing some puffyness on the left. Is this just sweeling or potential dog ear?

Your in the acute recovery phase from a tummy tuck

and you must give it time as you are still swollen.  You will get a better idea of your status as you continue to heal and if present a month out, its likely you will have some form of 'dog ear' but these are easily managed with office revisions down the road.  My patients are told to expect a revision as most people I know, want the best results possible, and its very hard to do that with tummy tucks with the initial procedure alone.

Tummy Tuck Scar

Thank you for your question and photos. It appears that your surgery was fairly recent. You can expect to have swelling for many months. Until this resolves further and scars mature I recommend that you hold off evaluating results. Talk with your Plastic Surgeon about questions and concerns as you heal.

All the best

Post op swelling

Based solely on your photos, you look to be experiencing typical post op swelling. It can take anywhere from 6 months to a year for the swelling to fully subside, but things should look much better by 3 months. For now, be patient and kind to yourself as your body heals. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question and photos. From reviewing the photos provided and without examining you, it appears that you have normal post operative swelling. It takes on an average 3-6 months for the swelling to subside. I would recommend to follow your board certified plastic surgeon's post op protocol. Good luck.

Tummy Tuck - Post Op Swelling?

Thank you for your question. You should expect to have swelling for three to six months following tummy tuck surgery. Use of a properly fitted compression garment will help decrease the length and severity of the post-operative swelling. As the swelling decreases, the contour of your abdomen, flanks, and hips will dramatically improve. Please follow your plastic surgeons specific advice regarding your level of physical activity. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.