Is my face going to go back fully and completely to normal?

I need help. I got Botox injected 30 units into each side of jaw 2 months ago and it made my face look horrible. The massatur muscles that were holding my cheekbone muscles up are now all narrow and sunken it and even my temples are sunken in. My whole face looks hollow and narrow now. I would do anything to get this out, is there anything I can do, anything at all to make the Botox get out faster? And honestly is my face going to go back fully and completely to normal? If so how long

Botox lasts 3-4 months

Sorry to hear that your results were undesirable.  It will take 3-4 months for the botox to wear off and gradually the masseter muscle will come back and fill out to what it looked like before the treatment.

Best to wait...

It is best to wait.  The effects of botox should be gone in 3 to 5 months and after that you should go back to looking normal or like you did before the injections.

Andre Aboolian, MD

Return to Normal after Botox

Botox will  wear off in 3-6 months.  You should go back to looking like the way you used to before treatment.

Jean Keamy, MD
Westborough Ophthalmologist

Botox and Masseter

Yes the botox will wear off in 3-4 months and you will be back to normal without long term issues.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox for masseter muscles

It will take several months for the effect of the Botox injections to wear off and have your masseter muscles return to their previous state.  Chewing gum may help the Botox effect wear off more quickly.  You could have fillers injected in the meantime to replace the volume.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Will My Face Go Back To Normal?

There really is nothing to help the Botox "get out faster" except tincture of time. This may take up to 6 months. During this time, you should experience your face gradually resuming your pre-Botox shape.

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

This will improve with time. The muscles have relaxed but will regain strength and tone once the botox wears off.

Christopher Balgobin, MD
Minneapolis Physician

Will face go back to normal after Botox to masseter muscles?

There is nothing you can do to speed up the process of the results from Botox to dissipate.  It will take around 3-6 months for the effect to wear off but your face should return to normal after this time.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Masseter Injections

Botox works extremely well for thinning the face when the masseter muscle is injected.  However, it sounds as if too much Botox was injected.  It will take at least 4 months for the effects to resolve but it should get better over time.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Complication from Botox injection

The Botox will wear off but it may take 3-4 months. Your face will return to its baseline appearance. Hang in there. I know its tough and i'm sorry to hear about your experience.