What makes diVa vaginal laser treatment different from other similar treatments?

What is unique about the diVa vaginal laser treatment experience?

Diva for vaginal rejuvenation

The diVa procedure is very safe and effective.  You can expect to be in the office for 30 minutes or so.  The first 20 minutes are for numbing and changing into a gown.  The procedure itself takes 3-5 minutes and there is no manipulation of the machine during the procedure like the other lasers on the market.  Also, the portion of the laser that is inserted is disposable making it very hygienic.  You will experience so spotting for a day or two.  There can be a mild pressure sensation for an hour or two after the procedure as well.  We don't recommend vaginal intercourse or submerging in water for a few days.  Another difference is that there is no manipulation by the provider (in and out motion) like the other devices.  I think it is a lot less of an uncomfortable/embarrassing experience for both the patient and doctor.All the best!Sheila Nazarian, MD

Great Technology sets it apart.

Diva is virtually pain free, and can be customized like no other treatment, while being safe. There is no risk of burning the cervix, or hot spots in the vaginal canal, which can be caused by the other technology available.
The procedure is very fast, an average of 3 minutes per treatment, and comfortable.  The dilator isn't moving during the treatment, which is very important when the patient is really dry.  Diva is a consistent treatment producing consistent predictable results, with only 3 treatments for the majority of patients, and no adverse events reported. Diva delivers both ablative and non-ablative wavelengths to the same treatment area, with this laser there's a 2940 nm wavelength for ablation (superficial treatment that stimulates collagen re-growth and plumping of the tissue), and a 1470 nm wavelength for coagulation to the vaginal mucosa (for the tightening effect).  This gives me the ability to customize treatments based on the patient's concerns like laxity and stress urinary incontinence.

Rakesh Nanda, MD
Columbus Physician

What makes diVa different.

diVa is the first in the world to offer ablative and nonablative laser resurfacing for vaginal tissue, setting it apart from other lasers. The laser is tunable, making it adjustable to treat at optimal depths for collagen remodeling. Treatment can also be delivered 360-degrees around the vaginal canal or targeted to specific regions using the 180-degrees or 90-degrees treatment angles. Because a disposable, Single-Use Quartz Dilator (SQD) is used for each patient, the laser is able to treat at the exact depth while the handpiece rotates out. There are other lasers on the market that have to be removed and cleaned off during the procedure and then reinserted, before treatment can be resumed. Our patients love that it is a quick 3 minute procedure!

Johnny J. Peet, MD
The Woodlands OB/GYN

What is different?

That is a great question. As a board certified Urogynecologist, I have dedicated my life to restoring women's lives through improved pelvic health. I wanted to make sure that I was going to be able to offer my patients the absolute best vaginal laser experience possible. Some of the unique characteristics of the diVa is that it is the first Hybrid Fractional Laser. There are two lasers, one that treats deeper in to the vaginal tissues where the collagen, nerves, and blood vessels are located, and another that treats the superficial layer for increase moisture. In addition, the diVa slides into a quarts vaginal insert, this makes sure that no part of the laser actual is touching vaginal tissue ( very clean). Also, the diva is automated. It will rotate and back it's self out delivering treatment in either 360,180 or 90 degrees. This ensures a very precise,thorough, and customized treatment every time. In my opinion, this is the best vaginal laser on the market. 

Michael Coyle, DO, FPMRS
Pensacola Urogynecologist

DiVa is significantly better

DiVa has multiple benefits when compared to other units.  It uses two different wavelengths of laser energy, hence the hybrid fractional laser.  It requires no manipulation of the delivery device.  Hot spots are avoided to reduce risk of tissue burning. Total time is 3-5 minutes.  Results are impressive!

Guy Cappuccino, MD
Mount Airy Plastic Surgeon

Diva Laser is the leader in this field

As more vaginal rejuvenation treatments are performed, the differences between the various lasers are becoming more apparent. Aside from the obvious  - faster, better dilation and coverage, less poking/safer - the unique dual wavelength of the Diva allows for deeper resurfacing. The carbon dioxide lasers are limited by how deeply they ablate, so that after the first treatment, when the vaginal mucosa has already thickened, you get diminishing returns with each subsequent treatment. That doesn't happen with the Diva. 

Just as the this dual wavelength technology is first in its class for facial resurfacing, Diva leads the field for vaginal rejuvenation.

Jessie Cheung, MD
Hinsdale Dermatologic Surgeon