Is diVa vaginal laser therapy painful?

Discomfort associated with diVa

My patients have all tolerated the actual diVa procedure very well.  We do apply a topical numbing in the vagina prior to the treatment, which provides extra comfort.  Most patients rate their pain a 1 out of 10 during the procedure, if not a 0.  Post procedure, I have heard patients complain of minimal cramping that lasts less than 24 hours following the procedure.  They describe it to be similar to the cramping they experience with their menstrual cycle, except less intense.  

Hope this helps.  diVa is an excellent option for vaginal rejuvenation and I highly recommend it to my female patients seeking vaginal rejuvenation treatment.

Discomfort associated with diVa

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Is diVa vaginal laser therapy painful?

Prior to diVa Vaginal Laser Therapy, a topical numbing agent is applied.  This pre-treatment makes the short 3 minute procedure pain-free.  Patients state that they are completely comfortable during the treatment and have no fear or hesitation in scheduling a subsequent session.

Is diVa vaginal laser therapy painful?

Quick and Comfortable!

DiVa vaginal laser therapy can be done without pain with the use of numbing compound cream prior to the procedure.  I use a specially formulated compound numbing cream for 20 minutes before the procedure which keeps patients very comfortable.  There can be mild itching and mild discomfort in the days following diVa therapy due to the healing process.  Most women report the mild discomfort and some itching may occur that could last between 1-3 days. The best part is the treatment can be done over your lunch hour! 

Clifton Smith, MD
Lexington Physician

Quick and Comfortable!

Clifton Smith, MD
Lexington Physician

DiVA Laser - Comfortable?

We use topical numbing medication for about 20-30 minutes prior to the procedure. During the beginning of the procedure, the laser feels like a knocking sensation on the inside. As the laser moves towards the introitus, it becomes stronger. There isn't pain, but the sensation can be anxiety provoking. The best news is that the entire treatment lasts 3 minutes! If you are very nervous, we can provide medications that help make you calm if you bring a driver. There is absolutely no discomfort after the treatment is over. It is well worth it for the sexual enhancement it provides!

DiVA Laser - Comfortable?

Painful?

The diVa vaginal therapy is a comfortable in office procedure. We recommend the use of vaginal anesthetic cream prior to the procedure. Most patients report mild discomfort during the procedure which only takes a few minutes, and zero discomfort once the procedure is completed. 

Painful?

Not bad

Patients have described the sensation as being "not as bad as my annual GYN visit".   Most say 2-3 out of 10 discomfort.  Topical anesthesia is key.

Not bad

Not painful

The DiVa Vaginal laser procedure is very fast, taking less than 5 minutes to perform. If topical numbing cream is used prior to the procedure, most women give it a 2-3 out of 10 for pain. If no numbing cream is applied, most women would give it a 5-6 out of 10 for pain, but the procedure is over before you really want to complain. No pain at all once done!

Not painful

Diva for vaginal rejuvenation

The diVa procedure is very safe and effective.  You can expect to be in the office for 30 minutes or so.  The first 20 minutes are for numbing and changing into a gown.  The procedure itself takes 3-5 minutes and there is no manipulation of the machine during the procedure like the other lasers on the market.  Also, the portion of the laser that is inserted is disposable making it very hygienic.  You will experience so spotting for a day or two.  There can be a mild pressure sensation for an hour or two after the procedure as well.  We don't recommend vaginal intercourse or submerging in water for a few days.  Other than that, not much else to expect or worry about.All the best!Sheila Nazarian, MD

Diva for vaginal rejuvenation

DiVa

A topical anesthetic is applied in the vagina before the treatment. Patients describe the pain as a 3-4 out of 10. The pain varies with each patient but it's only 3-5 minutes.

DiVa

No, not painful.

The procedure is not painful, and I use my own specialty compounded numbing agent prior to the procedure.
Most women rate the discomfort at a level of 2-4.

No, not painful.