Is diVa vaginal laser therapy painful?

Painful?

The diVa vaginal therapy is a comfortable in office procedure. We recommend the use of vaginal anesthetic cream prior to the procedure. Most patients report mild discomfort during the procedure which only takes a few minutes, and zero discomfort once the procedure is completed. 

Pensacola Urogynecologist

Not bad

Patients have described the sensation as being "not as bad as my annual GYN visit".   Most say 2-3 out of 10 discomfort.  Topical anesthesia is key.

Guy Cappuccino, MD
Mount Airy Plastic Surgeon

Not painful

The DiVa Vaginal laser procedure is very fast, taking less than 5 minutes to perform. If topical numbing cream is used prior to the procedure, most women give it a 2-3 out of 10 for pain. If no numbing cream is applied, most women would give it a 5-6 out of 10 for pain, but the procedure is over before you really want to complain. No pain at all once done!

Sarah Haydel, MD
Houma Dermatologic Surgeon

Diva for vaginal rejuvenation

The diVa procedure is very safe and effective.  You can expect to be in the office for 30 minutes or so.  The first 20 minutes are for numbing and changing into a gown.  The procedure itself takes 3-5 minutes and there is no manipulation of the machine during the procedure like the other lasers on the market.  Also, the portion of the laser that is inserted is disposable making it very hygienic.  You will experience so spotting for a day or two.  There can be a mild pressure sensation for an hour or two after the procedure as well.  We don't recommend vaginal intercourse or submerging in water for a few days.  Other than that, not much else to expect or worry about.All the best!Sheila Nazarian, MD

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

DiVa

A topical anesthetic is applied in the vagina before the treatment. Patients describe the pain as a 3-4 out of 10. The pain varies with each patient but it's only 3-5 minutes.

Robert G. Aycock, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

No, not painful.

The procedure is not painful, and I use my own specialty compounded numbing agent prior to the procedure.
Most women rate the discomfort at a level of 2-4.

Rakesh Nanda, MD
Columbus Physician