Very dissatisfied with my lipo results of outer and inner thighs; is what my PS is claiming accurate? (Photos)

I am 25 year 5 feet 115 lbs. I went to get a liposuction of my saddleback that has been bothering me for years. The PS told me to get my stomach and flanks too bcz it will be disproportionate. He took only 400 cc out of my outer thighs and the bulging is still there after 1 month. He claims that my skin would be sagging if he took more out and that maybe I should do another round. I'm getting the impression that he just want to charge me more and is not savy. Is what he is claiming accurate?

Lipo to the thighs

Hello. Thank you for your question and photos.  When talking about liposuction there are some areas that won't forgive us any errors.  These areas are the neck, arms and outer a inner thighs.  That's the reason your PS was very conservative when doing lipo to these areas. Complications such as irregularities,  dents and bumps should be avoided because the correction of these unwanted results may be difficult.  Have a great day.  Best of luck.

Liposuction - is my surgeon trying to get more money out of me?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • After liiposuction, you will swell -
  • It will take time to see your final result.
  • Your surgeon was right to not over-treat - more can always be done if needed.
  • That said, at your height and weight 200 ccs from each thigh could be perfect.
  • If he needs to do a revision, ask what the cost will be - a revision usually can be done in the office at a much reduced cost.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Insufficient result with possible need for a vision

most plastic surgeons back up their work and do not charge for revision surgery.

It's not unusual for plastic surgery ask patients to pay for any associated facility or anesthesia fee that may be associated with a touchup or revision procedure.

Without an examination or properly lined up before and after pictures it's hard to get an accurate assessment if I revision or having more fat removed as indicated.

Taking out too much fat can and has permanently disfigured people.

This is often irreparable when it's the case.
There is an anatomic challenging area just above the widest part of your outer thighs.

If this area is aggressively treated with liposuction patients can get a hip dip.
Based on your pictures my best guess is the width of your outer thighs has a lot to do with your musculoskeletal structure and not so much with fat distribution.

Your after picture is easier to interpret because of the angle of the picture was taken at.
I suggest you follow up with your plastic surgeon and ask what his or her policy is on rivage in surgery in regards to finances.

If you want to second opinion you should probably do so with an in person consultation.

Skin compromise is very real when too much fat is removed.

Bad outcomes from liposuction such as removing too much fat is also difficult and often it not possible to correct.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Lipo of thighs

Well there is a yin/yang between fat removal and skin laxity.   Best to be evaluated in person. Good luck.

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- HI DEFINITION REVISION

Swelling take up to 3 months to resolve but if you are unhappy its likely you will need a revision procedure. I suggest a 4D HI DEFINITION contouring specialist if you want fat removal and contouring. You would need a formal consultation, as what he is saying IS ACCURATE for many situtations but I am not sure if it is for yours.  Best, Dr. Emer

Outer Thigh Liposuction

Hello,I think much more could have been taken without risk of laxity. Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that perform liposuction regularly.Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Liposuction

You are obviously having doubts, so I would suggest a second opinion from someone with more experience.Good luck

Lipo

Thank you for the photos but an examination is needed.  So if you have concerns get some in person opinions by going on some complimentary consultations with experts in your area
Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD