Will I have difficulty finding a plastic surgeon to perform Breast revision/TT due to having the Prothrombin Gene Mutation?
Doctor Answers 4
Lovenox and surgery
I agree with your hematologist. I have given talks on this subject and studies have shown you can undergo this surgery with postoperative Lovenox treatment safely. I have no doubt you can find a reputable, board certified plastic surgeon in your area who can work with your hematologist to see that you can undergo your surgery with a low risk of complications.
This is a comfort level of the surgeon with your medical history. Discuss your medical history with any surgeon you are considering at your consultation to ascertain their comfort level. He/She may want to discuss details with your hematologist as well for additional information. I think with some good discussion you will be able to find a qualified surgeon to work with.
Love of and surgery
Thank you for the question and I not uncommonly have worked with patients and their hematologist in the use of lovenox with surgery. So there are surgeons who are experts in the field who will operate on you locally
You might also like...
Mommy make-over and Prothombin Gene mutation
Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.
- I am sorry your surgeon left this to the last moment - very upsetting for you
- Yes, you should be able to find a plastic surgeon to help you
- Being in Los Angeles, find a surgeon on the Clinical Faculty of the Plastic Surgery Department at UCLA
- I was one of them when in UCLA and I know they are all excellent and willing to deal with difficult issues.
- That said, whoever does your surgery, you are still at an increased risk of bleeding after surgery on Lovenox
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.