What would I need to have a more defined face? I've been considering a chin implant and possible forehead implant. (photo)

How to improve facial definition?

Based on these photos it seems that chin, possibly cheek augmentation would help to meet your goals. I would not exclude rhinoplasty and possibly lowering your hairline.
You should seek a consultation with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon, expert in facial surgery, for detailed evaluation and discuss your option. Good luck.

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

What would I need to have a more defined face? I've been considering a chin implant and possible forehead implant.

There is no doubt that a chin implant will enhance your appearance, however, to better assess your options for a forehead surgery I invite you to schedule an in office consultation. Seek a plastic surgeon with special training in facial implants, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Improving Facial Projection and Definition

Based on these 2 pictures I recommend you consider a chin implant and cheek implants or augmentation with fat or fillers such as Voluma or Restylane Lyft that last up to 2 years. Forehead contour can be improved with a hairline lowering procedure to reduce your large forehead. Consider the Irregular Trichophytic Hairline Incision technique that we described many years ago. Consult with surgeons who use all of these techniques.

What would I need to have a more defined face?

After 25 years of experience I recommend overall facial enhancement using permanent natural fat transfer to achieve  the proportions and counters your seek. Slight refinement of the nose may also be recommended. Please see the examples in the web reference.

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant

Facial recontouring is best assessed in an in-office exam.  Looking at your pictures, a chin augmentation would be helpful.  You don't appear to need forehead implants.  Computerized imaging will help to ascertain your best plan.  For the chin, your occlusion (bite) needs to be assessed to determine which type of chin augmentation would be best,  Best wishes. 

David Alessi, MD

Chin implant candidate

The side photograph demonstrates a weak and recessive chin profile for which a chin implant can improve. Start by looking at some prospective surgeon's before and after photographs of chin implants to get an idea what can be accomplished.  Digital Computer imaging also be helpful. Chin implants are manufactured in a large variety of sizes and shapes, which is best determined at the time of the consultation and examination. For the last 25 years we have been using implantech Silastic chin implants with  an excellent success rate. For more information, diagrams of the implants and many  before and after examples, please see the link and the video below

Improve facial proportions

To make your facial proportions ideal, you will need a chin implant and rhinoplasty to strengthen your upper nasal dorsum. A silicone implant for the chin and cartilage grafting of the upper nose will provide you what you need. You can get morphing of your face to show you what this will look like.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Are you a candidate for a Chin Implant

Without an exam your question cannot be answered. However, your photos are helpful and you are probably a good candidate for a Chin Augmentation. You will need to see an Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon to see if othognathic surgery, genioplasty or using an implant is best for your specific case. It should be noted that patients with severely weak jaws or abnormally functioning jaws may be better treated with other facial surgery (orthognathic surgery), although a chin augmentation may be an option at a later time. These patients should seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine which course is right for them. Here is some information to help you make this decision: Candidates for Chin Augmentation - Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. If you are one of these patients, then you are a likely candidate for chin augmentation

What would I need to have a more defined face? I've been considering a chin implant

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and/or facelifts for over 30 years. From the photos, your cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front) and your chin is quite weak.  These combine to create an elongated, rectangular shaped face.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face. I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.