How can I get defined cheekbones without surgery?!

I want to get higher cheeks and get a defined cheekbone, can I get that with botox?

Rather than Botox, facial fillers can help you to achieve more defined cheekbones.

Rather than Botox, facial fillers can help you to achieve more defined cheekbones. Fillers such as Voluma or Restylane Lyft can be used to add volume and sculpt the cheeks, while Botox is a neuromodulator that works by relaxing muscles that cause wrinkles. I recommend visiting a board-certified dermatologist for an in-person consultation to find the best way to enhance the appearance of your cheeks.

Dallas Dermatologist

Defined cheek bones often need a few syringes of radiesse or voluma.

Radiesse or Juvederm volume are great at elevating cheekbones and lasts about a yr. It is not uncommon to need 4 syringes of either to really make a significant improvement

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox is not best for achieving defined cheekbones

Botox will not help you achieve more defined cheekbones, as it is a neuromodulator designed to relax muscles, not add volume. Facial fillers such as Voluma or Radiesse are designed to help add volume to the face, and are often used to help patients achieve more defined cheeks. There is an art and science to creating beautiful cheek bones with fillers and I love to do this. I recommend visiting a board-certified dermatologist for an in-person consultation to see what the best treatment plan is for you.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Defined Cheekbones Without Surgery

Voluma and Restylane Lyft are both excellent hyaluronic acid fillers specifically indicated for the use in enhancing the cheek area. Both last a year or longer. This should be done in the hands of a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist with expertise in these fillers.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Non surgical midface augmentation

Soft tissue fillers are an excellent non-surgical option to improve the definition in your midface and to augment your cheeks. Initially utilized for the treatment of fine lines and wrinkles, the concept of fillers has expanded to include correction of facial volume loss (which commonly occurs as we get older) and augmentation. Juvederm Voluma is a great option for augmentation of the cheeks/midface. Previous studies have shown that nearly half of patients with cheek/midface volume deficit treated with Juvederm Voluma continued to see a clinical benefit for 2 years. In order to determine if this procedure is best for you, a proper physical exam is necessary.

Corey S. Maas, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Defined cheekbones without surgery

This is a great question.  Currently there are several options for you in the form of fillers.  Voluma, Sculptra, and Radiesse are great fillers for base layers to help define and add volume to the cheek areas.  Other fillers can be layered over the top of these as needed.  This technique works quite well for exactly what you are asking for.
I also agree with having a make up artist, or experienced aesthetician, assist you with shadowing and highlight techniques for your make up to offer even further enhancements.

Jesse E. Smith, MD, FACS
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Defined Cheeckbones with fillers like Voluma or Radiesse

Botox  and other neuromodulators like this Dysport and Xeomin  wouldn't help to give define cheekbones.    A good rule of thumb is Botox softens wrinkles and fillers fills hollows.  

Some stiffer fillers such as Radiesse, Restylane Lyft or the new en vogue filler Voluma  would by far be the best solution  to give what some people are termed a "liquid facelift".  I think that's the right choice if you're looking for more defined cheekbones. Good luck. 

David J. Myers, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Defined cheekbones

In addition to the previous comments on fillers, which can help shape the face to accentuate cheekbones, make up is also a great way to accentuate different features of the face. One session with a make up artist in a department store or mall can help teach you how to apply foundation, bronzers, concealers, and/or cover up to highlight your cheek bones. Some physicians also have dedicated portions of their offices for make up. Slimming the jawline with botox in the masseter muscle can also be help highlight the upper face for those with a square face.

Ramona Behshad, MD
Saint Louis Dermatologic Surgeon

Cheek augmentation without surgery

The best and safest approach is to use fillers. In my opinion, Voluma (made by the same manufacturer as Botox), has emerged as a terrific method to augment the cheek. It provides great shape as well as lifts your cheek and effaces the nasolabial fold. Seek out a surgeon who is qualified and experienced with fillers. Good luck!

Arnold Almonte, DO
Roseville Plastic Surgeon

How can I get defined cheekbones without surgery with Botox?! = NO #fb #cheekbones #botox #fillers #drmesa

Check bones can not get defined without surgery using Botox.

Botox is a cosmetic medication that treats wrinkles by weakening/paralyzing the muscle associated with the wrinkles. 

In order to get more defined cheek bones patients should get either a bigger cheek bone ( foundation of the cheeks) or decrease the fullness of the lower cheeks ( with buccal fat pad excess ion) in order to enhance/ revelal the fullness of the upper cheeks. Therefore, because Botox neither increases or decreases the volume of the face, it can not create defined cheek bones.

A very common way to get denied cheek bones without surgery is by using injectable fillers like voluma. 

Patients interested in non surgical definition of their cheek bones should make a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon specialized in fillers on the face

John Mesa MD
New York City (#NYC) & New Jersey (#NJ)

John Mesa, MD