What criteria are important in selecting a brow lift surgeon for my case? (Photo)

Hi, I am 23 yo male. I am indian. I have the angry-arch brows seen in pics. I have receding hairline & prob won't have hair in few years. Just lifting the insides of my brows so brow is straight across makes me happy w/ outcome. My brows are thick. Corrigi muscles seem strong, can see the outlines of them on my forehead. Because I have small face, eyebrows/angry become a more dominant feature on my face from a distance. Also other criteria: Surgeon experience/# brow lifts?, age patients, etc.

Chasing a surgeon options

The best recommendation is to choose  your surgeon very carefully. With somebody who has many years and many  cases  of brow lift in male patients.  Your case  has to be analyzed as if you are to loss your hair and aim for the best cosmetic result in your physical appearance.

Considering browlift when hairline recession is expected

The key question in your case is how to place incisions so they will not be visible.  You already have significant hair loss and a high hairline.  The trichophytic approach will avoid raising the hairline further but if you lose more hair the incisions would become visible.  This could be managed with hair restoration but must be considered as you decide what is best for you.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Browlift in male with male pattern baldness?

Endoscopic Forehead Lift will raise your hairline. The Irregular Trichophytic Forehead Lift we developed will have hair growing thru the scar so it is not seen. But it will be exposed with further balding. Later when this happens your baldness can be treated. See a very experienced broaloft surgeon. 

Picking a browlift surgeon

Before you worry about picking a browlift surgeon, you should consider whether you are a good candidate for a browlift; this is because your anterior hairline is too high and performing a browlift is going to result in your forehead being pulled back more. This would be a bad idea for you.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Male browlift surgery

Of course you need to be seen in a face-to-face setting in consultation with an appropriate plastic surgeon or ENT facial plastic surgeon to determine a course of action and whether a browlift is appropriate.  For my female clientele I use prehairline browlift incisions due to the consistently good and long-lasting results that we obtain but I would not do that for most men.  I think you should seek a specialist in endoscopic browlift to avoid the incision across your forehead which may become visible as your hair recedes.  I would also suggest that you consider discussing current medications that may stop the hair loss to prevent you balding in the future.  These are available through hair replacement specialists and may be something for you to consider.

Good luck.

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD