No crease formation two weeks after Asian upper blepharoplasty? (Photos)

I had incisional method without fat removal. I know patience is key since full recovery takes months, but I am feeling disheartened. No fold has formed and I have red uneven scars on my eyelids where skin was removed. Also, it appears my asymmetry is magnified. How common is this in Asian eyelid surgery and what might have caused this? My surgeon said last week that the current outcome is not expected as I have been healing slower. He said to wait and see if we need a revision next year.

It is not enough to have an incision to make a crease!

It is what your surgeon does inside that incision that makes a beautiful crease.  The crease is a physical adhesion between the eyelid platform skin and muscle and the levator aponeurosis.  Unfortunately many, many eyelid surgeons do not expose the levator and fail to make a reliable adhesion between these structures.  In my opinion that is the number one reason these surgeries fail is a lack of anatomic knowledge by the surgery.  When I revise these eyelids, I often find that the septum has never been opened.  The good news is that it is very early from your surgery and despite the asymmetric swelling, this might settle to something satisfactory.  You will have a much better idea of the result in 6 to 8 weeks.  The eyelids should heal about 6 months before making the revision.  The link below is to my free ebook on eyelid surgery which discusses these issues in more detail.

Fold

Thank you for the photos and from them you appear to have a fold now but unfortunately they are at two different levels and that may need to be adjusted in the future.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Asian blepharoplasty

It is very early in the healing process. Recommend waiting 3 months after surgery before assessing. Seen link below.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon