Why did I get this crease? Can Botox on forehead cause this? I just woke up a few days ago and noticed it (Photo)

Will it resolve itself.. Is there a treatment that does not involve surgery? I read online that some people get "triple eyelid" for days and will resolve without treatment but I am scared

Droopy Eyelids after Botox

Thank you for your question centeno2010. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression such as the horizontal lines on the forehead seen when one raises the brows. If the Botox spreads to nearby muscles a temporary and treatable drooping of the eyelids can be seen. This usually resolved in 2-4 weeks but it could take up to 3-4 months for full resolution. Treatment is with 0.5% apraclonidine (Iopine) ophthalmic solution 2-3 drops per affected eye 2-3 times per day. Please follow up with your doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Botox and Droop

It appears that you have a droop from the Botox injection.  I would return to your treating physician for examination.  Often eye drops can be prescribed to "open up" the eye area until the Botox wears off.  Best, Dr. Green

Botox and Results

I suggest waiting 2 weeks to see the results but if you have this issues in 2 weeks it may be something that will take until the botox wears off to go away.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox and eyelid crease

What you are demonstrating is eyelid ptosis caused by your botox migrating over to your levator muscle and paralyzing it so that it can no longer lift your eyelid. What you need to do is get an eyedrop that will help activate an accessory muscle that will help lift the eyelid up until the levator muscle starts working again. Please contact your plastic surgeon for the eyedrops. BTW this eyedrop is very expensive, but you can save it as you may be prone to ptosis with your future botox treatments.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Eyelid heaviness

A heavy eyelid, meaning slight "ptosis" can occur with and without Botox treatments.  Presumably, this is what is being referred to as a triple eyelid.  The forehead muscle compensates for a heavy eyelid by lifting the brow so that the brow appears higher whereas the eyelid is lower.  If this was not present prior to a Botox treatment, then it is possible that Botox has brought this about or at least uncovered a latent tendency to mild eyelid droop. There is a muscle in the eyelid called the levator muscle and this can weaken naturally. Either way, it is important to follow up with the injector for a proper assessment.

Mark Lupin, MD
Victoria Dermatologic Surgeon

The triple eyelid

I would e other photos.  Having Botox to the forehead should not give this appearance and only on the one side.  Does it seem as though the eyelid changes from day to day.  Is it more pronounced or absent on some days.