Can CoolSculpting or SculpSure or any non surgical methods be used on calves? Or is liposuction the only choice for it?

I want to reduce calves fat, best if without liposuction because I have very important events this coming year, cannot afford much downtime or wear garments for months and also a limited budget. I've been looking into coolsculpting and sculpsure but I'm not sure if they can be used on calves. I really want to reduce the fats on my calves. Any suggestion? Or is liposuction my only choice?

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, this is not an area that can be treated with CoolSculpting. If you would like to explore options, I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. This way, you can explain your concerns and find an option that fits you best. Good luck 

Lipo of calves

I would go with liposuction for the calves.  The anatomy doesn't allow pulling into the applicator and the fat is more fibrous normally.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Can I Coolsculpt my Calves?

Hi,Based on the anatomy of the calves, it would be difficult to draw any fat adequately into a coolsculpting applicator even with the new cool advantage.  I would get a consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to get your options for laser liposuction.
Warmly,Dr. Liu

Grace Liu, MD
Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

VASER Hi Defintion Liposuction Versus Sculpsure or CoolSculpting

Noninvasive treatments cannot give you what hi def liposuction can, which is body contouring and etched lines. I suggest if you are looking for contouring please find a liposculpture expert.  If you want spot fat reduction, consider noninvasive options.  Best, Dr. Emer

Fat removal of Calves with Coolsculpting

While any technology that causes limply dis can be used to remove fat on the calf, this would be considered an off label use. In addition, improper placement can result in indentation. Better options may include Trusculpting or consultation with a plastic surgeon for laser liposuction or hi def lipo to give you a sculpted looks. Either way, stick to experienced providers who have performed these procedures on an off label area such as the calf. 
All the bestDr Soni

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Can CoolSculpting or SculpSure be used on calves?

CoolSculpting or SculpSure could potentially be used to reduce fat on calves, but this would be considered an off-label use for both devices.  An examination of you would be needed to determine if you might be a good candidate for either procedure.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cool sculpting of calves

Thank you of your question!  Coolsculpting is not FDA approved for use on the calves and liposuction may be your best option. See a local board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation to discuss further. Good luck to you.

Emily Hartmann, MD
Chico Plastic Surgeon