Coolsculpting or Brachio plasty? Maybe lipo? (Photos)

Ive had 2 coolsculpting procedures done to resuce the size of my arms i had balls of cellulite that did go away from the coolsculpting i was thinking of getting two more sessions done but am i just waisting my time? If i get lipois that going to leave my skin more flabbier? Brachio plasty sounds like a better option its quite expensive and i can't afford to not work after getting the excess skin cut off? The rest of my body is quite normal i was never obese my mom also has suffered from same ...

Options for your arms

Good afternoon, 
Coolsculpting and liposuction are great options to reduce stubborn bulges of fat, but will not be as effective targeting loose skin. 
Based on your photos that you submitted you would benefit more from a brachioplasty, which is a technique to remove loose sagging skin. 
Ultimately the procedure that you decide to proceed with is up to you depending on what your greatest concern is.

Arm Contouring

Your photos are typical for arms that have significant skin laxity. I even think I see some stretch marks. Based on the photos I would consider the brachioplasty procedure as CoolSculpting and liposuction do not treat significant skin laxity. The fat is reduced but the skin will become more loose and will not have a pleasing appearance. These impressions need to be confirmed by an in-person exam so consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to come up with the best arm contouring plan for you. 

David S. Motoki, MD
Draper Plastic Surgeon

Considering Brachioplasty in Melbourne, Florida

Patients with a significant amount of excess skin such as shown in the photo provided generally benefit from a brachioplasty rather than a procedure that simply dissolves or removes the fat, such as nonsurgical procedures for fat dissolving or even liposuction. The reason is that even if the fat is dissolved or removed the hanging skin will still remain and therefore, ultimately, would need to be removed with a brachioplasty. I have consulted many of my Melbourne, Florida, brachioplasty patients regarding these considerations and generally find it to be helpful to have a detailed discussion regarding expectations. I hope this information is helpful to you. Best of luck!

Amy Ortega, MD
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Options for Arms

I do not believe you will be happy after more Coolsculpting or Liposuction. Your skin will be hanging more than it is now if the volume is removed. See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can show you the results from a Brachioplasty. Save your money and get the results that you can enjoy for a long time to come.

James A. Hoffman, MD
Saint Paul Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting or Brachio plasty? Maybe lipo?

Based on your photographs, I do not think you are a candidate for coolsculpting or liposuction surgeon; it is predictable that you will be left with loose/irregular skin and will not be pleased with the outcome.  Seek consultation with board certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. Then, undergo the arm lifting procedure when you have enough time for recovery.  I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

Cool sculpting or brachioplasty?

Thank you for asking about your brachioplasty and cool sclupting.
  • Your photo suggests that the problem is loose skin as well as excess fat.
  • Cool sculpting cannot correct this - I believe you are wasting your money if you have more.
  • Brachioplasty is expensive - but it is the better option.
  • I suggest you have a consultation with a plastic surgeon, save the money and discuss the kind of work you do and how much time you need to take off to heal.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Brachioplasty

Brachioplasty would give you the best result. You wont get the result you want with Coolsculpting and even liposuction on it's own will leave you with excess skin. I would not have any more Coolsculpting treatments and proceed to surgery.

Brachioplasty

You should visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons expert in body contouring procedures like brachioplasty. Based on your photos, liposuction and an arm lift will give you the best result.  Assuming you don't have a strenuous or physical job, you'd be back to work in a week. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Large arms

It is hard to imagine any reputable plastic surgeon recommending cool sculpting for your situation as we all know or should know it is a total waste of money with your anatom You will benefit from a brachioplasty however. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Brachioplasty vs Liposuction

Thank you for the photos.  Your results from coolsculpting are fairly consistent with what other patients have noted.

Liposuction would remove the fat but will leave you with more loose skin.  The skin tone in that area is never that good and you would not be happy with the results.

Brachioplasty is your best option, and will give the best results.  I would suggest not wasting your money on coolsculpting or liposuction because they will not provide the results that you would be happy with.  Save up and have the correct procedure performed and have it done at a time where you can take 1-2 weeks off of work.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD