Cool scuplting versus ultrashape?

I have been considering cool scuplting but keep reading reviews that say they don't see much of a result and there is a lot of pain and down time. I came across ultrashape. Would that yield better results? Considering outer and inner thighs, as well as lower abs and muffin tops.

Coolsculpting verus Ultrashape

Coolsculpting is the most superior medical device on the market now for the abdomen in reducing a bulge in that area.  Coolsculpting has no down time or pain.  Coolsculpting alone has the applicator for both the inner and outer thighs.  We have had outstanding results with coolsculpting I highly recommend it.  For the best results please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with coolsculpting and has the latest applicators.  There is a brand new applicator for the outer thighs that cuts down the length of time to only 75 minutes.  

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
Coolsculpting has the best results
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

CoolSculpting VS Ultrashape

CoolSculpting is hands down the fastest growing noninvasive technology in the fat reduction space, and for good reason, because the results are far superior. It is important to note that the results that are capable of being achieved with CoolSculpting are somewhat provider dependent, it is for this reason that we have sent all of our CoolSculpting technicians to CoolSculpting University an immersive training program at the Zeltiq headquarters in California. CoolSculpting Univeristy teaches providers how to properly assess patients with complimentary 360 degree evaluations and come up with customized plans for treatment to transformation. Our average patient who comes in for a CoolSculpting consult will generally move forward with treatment of two areas twice. We find that the technology is capable of eliminating 20-25% of the fat cells in a treated area after each treatment meaning that over a two treatment protocol we are generally seeing >40% reduction in the fat layer at the treatment sites.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

CoolSculpting or Ultrashape - Pain levels and effectiveness

CoolSculpting and Ultrashape are both "no downtime" procedures. They work via different technologies  and both have different body area approvals. CoolSculpting trumps Ultrashape in the FDA approval area, as there haven been studies with proven effectiveness in the areas you mention. Only CoolSculpting has applicators specifically designed for inner and outer thighs.

Ultrashape requires that the fat be "gathered" and held in place with straps. A computerized camera guides the technician across a designated area. This must be repeated over a course of 3 or more sessions.

Ultrashape has the "no pain" reputation, but that's probably more so based on the fact that you have to have multiple treatments to get the same level of outcome as a single CoolSculpting session. 

Pain? CoolSculpting can be a sensation adventure when the cool-down and suction starts. After 5 to 10 minutes the area becomes numb (as you would expect form intense cold.) Some patients don't have any lingering discomfort after completion and others do have tingling and mild cramping afterward. Also, you may have some numbness that lasts up to a couple of weeks, as well as a possibility of mild bruising or swelling.

If you are particularly sensitive to cold - and some patients are - then you could experience a more intense sensation level.

Take into consideration that the fat cells are breaking down during the post treatment period and that your skin was enduring fairly strong suction for an hour.

By the way, we don't have Ultrashape in our office, so we've not directly compared treatment experience. The reason for this is that patients have been overall very satisfied with their CoolSculpting outcomes; many who return for additional area treatments.

My vote is for CoolSculpting based on both our experience and the worldwide reputation the procedure enjoys.

Rebecca Fitzgerald, MD

Coolsculpting Versus Ultrashape

I used to do a lot of coolsculpting and have stopped for various reasons but i see better results doing combination treatments with ultrashape and other radiofrequency devices (venus legacy/velashape +/- Z wave).  However, all the areas you are considering may be better treated with a local tumescent hi definition body shaping liposculpture , which can give you immediate results and only need a few days downtime.  Ultrashape has no pain at all and results are seen in 2-4 weeks for which coolsculpting takes 3-6 months.  For both of them, a series of treatments (and multiple applications/applicators) would be needed for all the areas you are looking into.  I suggest a formal consultation with a body sculpting expert. Do not compromise your care for cost or distance in this case, as I am always fixing botched coolsculpting jobs with liposuction.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Cool scuplting versus ultrashape?

Thank you for the question. It is difficult to determine what exactly you need without a consultation. In general if you're able to pinch a particular area wether it is upper abdomen, lower abdomen, bra roll, posterior flanks or thighs you could be a good candidate for a CoolSculpting. The great advantage of CoolSculpting is that there is no down time. It works well for properly selected patients. We have patients who try CoolSculpting in one area to see how effective it is for them. Once they see how great the results are they proceed to complete CoolSculpting for rest of the areas. There is minimal pain associated with the treatments. I cannot comment on Ultrashape, however, we have extremely happy patients CoolSculpting. Good luck.

CoolSculpting vs. Ultrashape

Hello and thanks for your question. We provide among the most CoolSculpting treatments in the Los Angeles area, and I can tell you that our results are outstanding with the procedure. In fact, I don't believe we have ever had anyone who did not get a result from the treatment. That's because selection of the proper candidates for the treatment is extremely important, and we make sure to treat patients who we know will respond well to the treatment. Choosing the appropriate applicators and treating the right area is also key in getting good results. I don't offer Ultrashape at my practice because I believe that CoolSculpting is the best treatment on the market for fat reduction. There are some areas that can't be treated with CoolSculpting, and other treatments can be considered in these situations. But the areas you mentioned are amenable to treatment with CoolSculpting if you are a suitable candidate. Hope this helps answer your question!

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Coolsculpting and Ultrashape

Both are very effective treatments with no downtime. Coolsculpting works well on areas that you can pinch, like the inner thighs and with a special applicator you can treat the outer thighs. With Ultrashape you can also treat those areas or any other areas that you cannot reach or pinch with Coolsculpting. With Coolsculpting there is some numbness and sometimes soreness of the treated areas, and some patients get an annoying tingling nerve sensation like when your foot is asleep. With Ultrashape there is no discomfort or sensations after treatment. So to answer your questions you may do either but you should be evaluatedone to see which works best for the areas you want to address.

C

CoolSculpting is extremely effective when patients are selected properly.  You must have area of fat than can be pinched that will easily fit into the applicator for treatment.  This treatment is performed in our office daily and afterwards people head back to work or out.  There is no downtime.

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting, in my opinion, is the gold standard.  But you have to be a good candidate for the procedure.  I find that most of the reviews putting it down either went to a practitioner who called their knock-off machine "Coolsculpting" when it was either a knock-off from China or another machine, or the patient was not a good candidate for Coolscultping and really just had excess skin.  You need to go to someone who is going to tell you if you are a good candidate or not.  We pick our patients very carefully so that they have amazing results.  I even did Coolsculpting on myself... before and afters are posted as well.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD