How much is a consultation for an out of state patient for liposuction? How much is lipo on the lower abdomen? (Photo)

I'm 5'5 1/2 166 lbs and I have stubborn lower abdomen fat and love handles that I would like lipo on. Since it is a small area, would it cost less or would I have to select more areas?

Liposuction consultation

in my practice we offer consultations via Skype for patients are out of town and do it routinely on a daily basis. This is a nice way to get to know the doctors and properly assess and discuss your concerns. Our consultations or complementary and can be arranged by calling the office. By looking at your pictures you seem to have A very nice body and don't need a whole lot of liposuction so perhaps CoolSculpting may be an option for you. 

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

I suggest you go to an expert.  The cost with be dependent on who is doing the treatment and if this is a hi definition shaping procedure or not.  Best, Dr. Emer

The cost for liposuction and consultations

Many plastic surgeons give free consultations for cosmetic surgery. Most patients should not have lower abdomen only treated with liposuction without treating the remainder of the abdomen. Since most people have a normal fat distribution that may still show some protrusion in certain areas cheating only certain parts will lead people to having an abnormal fat distribution. And someone like yourself we would usually recommend treating a "full abdomen". This includes the upper abdomen, lower abdomen waist and hips. Basically the entire trunk should be treated as a single aesthetic unit in order to give a balanced cohesive appearance. There are of course exceptions but as a general rule people who have not had previous surgery need their full abdomen treated. Prices will vary substantially. You may get someone to give you a price quote for a few thousand dollars for a single area. If all of the men may cost us much as $6000 to $8000. I would stay local first an interview with several board-certified plastic surgeon who have expertise with body contouring. Best, Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

How much is lipo on the lower abdomen?

Liposuction of the abdomen and hip rolls is a very commonly performed procedure.  Cost will vary between offices and determined in part by whether you have local anesthesia or general anesthesia for the procedure. Both work equally well and are based on the patient's preference.  This will help to determine the cost.
Liposuction is excellent for that "stubborn fat" that cannot be removed by diet and exercise however you should be making every effort to achieve a healthy maintainable weight before undergoing surgery.
I would estimate that with a light general anesthesia with an anesthetist present the cost would be between $5000 and $7000.  Under pure local anesthesia price would be reduced somewhat.  Most offices do not charge a consultation fee incidentally.
I would recommend that you have pictures taken of your troublesome areas from at least five different angles and some taken where you pinch a double layer of skin to help us determine the thickness of the fat layer and how much improvement can be expected. Liposuction is very effective on the subcutaneous fat however does not affect the intra-abdominal fat or the visceral fat.  This can be determined by an easy examination.
Please enjoy the video linked above for interesting information that you may find helpful.
Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Low volume liposuction

Thank you for your question and photos. Yes it would cost less than a large volume procedure, and in most cases can be performed in office. My office offers complimentary Skype/real-time video teleconferencing for those out of town, and this is arranged by calling the office and arranging a consultation time. It is best to be evaluated by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best,
Benjamin J. Cousins MD

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon