Should I have any concerns about the way my breasts are healing? (Photo)

I am 11 days post op. I have 450 cc silicone filled implants under the muscle. My right breast seems to be healing correctly. It is soft and appears to be in the correct position. In my left breast I have spasms and it is very firm. I have been reading of capsular contractions and other things that could be wrong. I have been massaging paying special attention to the left implant. I'm trying not to be worried and hope this is normal. I am disappointed with the results so far.

11 Days Post Breast Aug and Not Happy! ???

Concern is a good thing.   Your Right breast appears and sounds like it is doing fine.  
At 11 days post op, there is no way you can have a capsular contracture!   You barely even have a capsule!  The problem appears to be that your left implant has moved up.  the higher it goes, the more it will stretch your muscle and the more pain and muscle spasms you will have!   
Talk with your surgeon and follow their recommendations. 
Most of all, be patient!

Could It Be Capsular Contrature

It is too early for capsular contracture. Likely it is muscle spasms as you pointed out. You do want to make sure with your surgeon that something is not going on in that breast like bleeding that can cause it to be firm and hard compared to the other side. It may simply be that that breast had a higher skin envelope to begin with and will take several months to stretch.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Concerns of Capsular Contracture

Based on your photos and your description of what you're feeling, it is impossible to ascertain if capsular contracture is going to be an issue.  For those that are reading this post and considering breast augmentation, capsular contracture is the number one complication of breast augmentation, and the leading reason for re-operation. Multiple studies have been published showing breast augmentations performed via a periareolar incision have the highest risk of resulting in capsular contracture. Unfortunately, many surgeons disregard this valuable information and continue to perform them.  Inframammary incisions lead to the lowest risk of capsular contracture, and also avoids disruption of the breast mound, preserving its structural integrity and avoiding contour issues between the lower areola and breast mound. 

Unfortunately, implant displacement exercises (massage) do not improve normal healing processes nor do they prevent capsular contracture.  Once again, many surgeons refuse to change their ingrained habit and continue to recommend this useless routine which wrongly puts the responsibility on the patient for her outcome. 

Just be patient and don't worry, it's out of your hands now but time usually fixes most of these minor problems. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Should I have any concerns about the way my breasts are healing?

Based on the photos you provided your implants are high riding which is consistent with 2nd week after surgery results. Time and massages are important to allow the implants to drop to their intended pockets. Please follow up with your doctor as these issues require the attention of a plastic surgeon.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Outcome after breast augmentation

Your implants are in the appropriate position and doing well. What you are now recognizing is that your nipples are too low on your breasts, as such, the breast implant center is not centered on your nipple. You should have had a discussion regarding having a breast lift at the time of your breast augmentation in order to get appropriate breast mound to nipple position.

Arian Mowlavi, MD