Compression garment after Brazilian butt lift?

I had the surgery yesterday and they took fat from the flanks and injected it into the butt. I got a compression garment which goes from under my knees to my ribs. The butt is covered as well, might this harm the newly injected fat cells? I actually thought the butt should not be covered.

BBL

Thank you for your question.It is important that you consult with your doctor with any questions or concerns you may have, as each surgeon has different post-operative protocols. If your doctor recommended you keep the compression garment, then I would definitely listen to his/her advice and keep it on. I usually recommend that my patients keep the compression garment on for up to 4 weeks for optimal results because it decreases the amount of swelling and also helps loose skin retract in the areas you had liposuction performed.
 I hope this helps!
Good luck in your recovery!
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

BBL

Thank you for your question.  The best advice is to always consult with your operating surgeon first whenever you have any questions related to your personal recovery experience and their own unique set of post operative instructions.
With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

Garment

Hello kamilla. Great question. Post operative care differs surgeon to surgeon. In my practice, patients do wear a compression garment for 6 weeks after sx. This garment does cover the buttocks. There is no correlation with the fat grafting to the buttocks and a compression garment. However, extended periods of sitting/pressure should be avoided. Best of luck with your recovery.