How common is bone loss with dental implants?

I've heard that all dental implants will create bone loss. I'm so scared that I will get bone loss if I get a dental implant.

Dental Implants

Hi, thank you for your question. Dental implants can be affected as teeth are by oral disease poor hygiene care. For example, if you suffer from periodontal disease, that can also affect your implants. The key to success with dental implants and your natural dentition, is to practice great home care and visit your dentist on a regular basis for hygiene visits and check ups. The most detrimental situation is when you have a tooth removed and you do not replace it with the most natural tooth replacement option, which is a dental implant. Jaw bone is made to hold roots. When you remove the roots, the bone is loss and begins to wear away. A dental implant creates the signal again and prevents bone loss from having the missing tooth. Good luck!