Can a columella strut be removed and can the columella look like it once did?

Hi. I had a revision a year and a half ago, and without my consent, the doctor removed my colemulla and made my tip very pointy despite me asking for it to be made larger, he shaved my bossae rather than covering it as we discussed. He derotated my dip and it is now drooping over the retracted colemulla. Additionally, he placed cartilage in my nostrils so it looks like i am flaring them. I am desperate to know if the strut in the colemulla can be removed and if this can be fixed.

Dear girltownMany changes can be done in the course of a revision rhinoplasty. If your tip is de-rotated and droopy, you would likely need a columellar strut for better support, tip projection and to repair the retracted columella. Your best option is to discuss your results with your surgeon and if you felt your questions were not answered a consultation with other surgeons might be valuable.

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Can a columella strut be removed

A revision can be done a careful exam review of records would need to be done to advise you on your best treatment options.

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision to Correct Drooping Tip

A revision by an experienced surgeon can be done to correct the tip problems you describe. Look at the results of surgeons in your community and then select a surgeon(s) to consult. Unfortunately most revisions involve issues with the tip.

Revision rhinoplasty for me the droopy tip etc.

Revision rhinoplasty for me the droopy tip etc. yes this can be repaired by a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who can show u results on many revisions he has done. See several surgeons for an evaluation. 

Graft removal

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. From what you describe, those should be able to be addressed with a revision surgery. You would need to be seen in person for an evaluation and discussion of options. Don't give up hope, you can get to where you are happy. 
Best of luck

David Reinstadler, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon