What to do if I have a cold and had Rhinoplasty 2 days ago?

A day before rhinoplasty I felt sick. My temp was higher, throat was scratchy, body felt weak. The doc's office said it was fine. Now after I have runny nose, I am trying to kill it with over the counter flu reliefs. I told my doc many times, and got brushed off with "it's normal, you don't have cold". How would he know. Besides he mentioned, that during surgery my septum was red "due to allergies", so now it's allergy. Afterwords their attitude is different, and that is very sad.

2 days post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

It's too early to make value judgments with only two days after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Cold after rhinoplasty surgery

The most dangerous part of your post may not be the rhinoplasty, or the cold, it may be the over the counter cold medications, which, combined with the usual postoperative pain medications may contain too much acetaminophen.  Contact your doctor and make sure your medication dosage is safe.

Brent Moelleken, MD