Too close implants. Any suggestions? (photos)

What ca be done If you discover shortly after breastoperation that the implants were placed to close? Could massage or bandage be done to strech the pocket under muscle be done? Exercise or streching to larger the pocket with the muscle? My nipples are pointing on the sides and my cleavage measure more cm so i know they are placed wrong.

Greetings

Thank you for the questions and photos. In the photo your breast look more like they are still swollen and have not dropped yet in the rıght position it is better to wait for 6months and you can contact your surgeon for final evaluation. 

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Results

How long ago was your surgery? If you are still within the first 6 months post op, be patient. Your implant has yet to settle and your breasts are still swollen. If not, then schedule an appointment to see your surgeon to discuss options. From your photo, which isn't ideal, your implant looks as if it is placed correctly.
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Implants Too Close?

Thank you very much for your question.

It's difficult to comment on the implant position, and its relation to the nipple, without being able to visualize the whole breast.  Also, I'm not sure how far out you are from surgery.  If you had surgery recently, you still likely have swelling and your implants haven't dropped into their final position.

In general, if a patient has a question or concern, I recommend they discuss the issue with their plastic surgery.  They know you, and your surgery best, and can provide the most individualized recommendations.  Best of luck!

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Breast implant position

From your pictures, it is not really possible to comment on the nipple position.  However, the implants appear to be probably pretty well positioned on your frame.  I would suggest you consult with your plastic surgeon for further advice.  

Jeffrey D. Wagner, MD

Cleavge too close together

If you implants are above the muscle, you can convert them to sub pectoral augmentation. If the implants are under the muscle a major reconstruction is possible, but beyond the limitations of this Q and A here. Consult your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and perhaps get another opinion.

All the Best,

Talmage Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD, FACS

Implant malposition?

From your picture, I am going to have to disagree with you in that I feel your breast mound position is ideal with beautiful cleavage and upper pole fullness; Now I understand that your nipple is pointing outwards, but I would challenge you to consider whether your nipples may infact not be in the ideal position? When evaluating breasts, it is important to consider the ideal breast mound size, position and shape as well as nipple areola size, position, and shape. Bringing your implants out more, may improve your nipple position with respect to your mound, but it would compromise your over all breast mound position. An examination would be very helpful to give you any definitive recommendations.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Implants Too Close Together

I am not sure how far post-op you are but based on your photographs it could be early on. It's also impossible to tell if your nipples are centered on the implants or not beatify your photo. Implants should always be centered behind the nipple and areola so that the nipples don't look like they are falling off of the implants. I would first speak to your surgeon. If they are not centered you can massage the implants and push them apart. I would only do this if your doctor says it's ok. 

Michael Zarrabi, MD
Santa Monica Plastic Surgeon

Your options

You should follow up with your surgeon as it is difficult to help you without pre op pictures, an in person examination and more pictures. 

Too close implants. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your question and photograph.  Your picture shows good separation of your implants, but does show them to be elevated on your chest.  If you are only recently out from surgery (6 weeks or less) your results need time to mature in order for the implants to drop and the overlying tissues to stretch and relax and assume a more natural shape and contour.  Without before surgery pictures to assess your nipple position it is difficult to know if your nipple positioning was present before surgery and has become exacerbated by the implant placement, or if your implant alone is causing the issue. For this I would voice your concerns to your surgeon.  They are in the best position to analyze and offer guidance.  Hope this helps. 

Breast implants are too close

Thank you for your question about your breast augmentation.

• In the photo, your implants are riding very high -
  • This suggests you only recently had surgery.
  • The implants will settle in time.
  • The implants look close, but not too close in the photo.
  • It is possible that your nipples naturally were at the side and the implant has emphasized this.
  • Please return to your surgeon, explain your concern and review your pre-op photos so you and your surgeon can figure out what is going on.
  • If you  are sure you have a problem and your surgeon says not, you need a second opinion.
  • Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon - many doctors in LA do breast augmentations with little or no training. It is especially important in LA to have a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.