Clitoral hood reduction. Is this right - that the two side parts extending from my clitoris have been removed? (Photo)

Is this right - that the two side parts extending from my clitoris have been removed? Or is something important gone? I have a scar going right up the side and around the top of clitoral area with white spots that I couldn't see before so I am not sure what was removed? Feeling very unsure about exactly what was taken away

Questions after labiaplasty/CHR

The photo looks like you had a wedge labiaplasty and, by your description, may also have had a clitoral hood reduction.  Allow for more swelling to come down and review carefully with your surgeon exactly what was done.  If you are unsure or unhappy with the explanation, seek a second opinion from a qualified surgeon who does a lot of labiaplasty.  Revisions should wait 4-6 months.  Best wishes. 

Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty: Postoperative Results

Thank you for your question and photographs.  It is challenging to evaluate without a physical examination.  I would recommend contacting your surgeon to discuss your concerns.  Best of luck.   

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP (Cosmetic and Reconstructive Urologist -- Cleveland, Ohio)

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP
Cleveland Urologist

I see scarring around the top of the clitoral hood

The scarring around the top of the hood suggests that some tissue might have been removed. Your surgeon would surely know. Ask him to provide a sketch on the before photo.

Anatomy questions need an in-person evaluation to adequately answer...

Hello Clarerose,

You have communicated with us before. While it is virtually impossible to interrupt the frenular nerve and vascular supply with a V-Wedge, it is entirely possible to do so with an ill-performed linear/trim technique, especially if your surgery was performed by a "general gynecologist not experienced and SPECIALIZING in female genital plastic/cosmetic surgery. As the clitoral crurae (1 crus; 2 crurae...) are located deep in the anterior vaginal wall near the area of the G-spot, it is totally IMPOSSIBLE that crural damage would occur with a LP, which is in an entirely different anatomic area! If you truly wish to correct your situation, you will not do so merely by querying us! Your path towards correction or healing BEGINS with your making in-person appointments with a couple of acknowledged EXPERTS and getting their opinions. This may involve some travelling and a bit of $$ in consult fees, but it will be worth it. That is the ONLY WAY you will truly understand just what has transpired! Perusing the weblink below may get you started...

Michael P Goodman, MD

Davis, CA, USA

Clitoral hood reduction

I think the best would be to talk to your surgeon and ask him to explain the surgery that was done in details - including how much tissue was removed on each side and precisely from what location. That will help you understand the changes. Hood reduction is frequently performed along with labiaplasty to avoid very excessive skin appearance around the clitoris after labiaplasty

Armen Kirakosyan, MD, FACOG, FACS
East Aurora Urogynecologist