Follow-up Question: I have been diligent with my diet and exercise a lot and it's not that I am gaining muscle.

I have been diligent with my diet and exercise a lot and it's not that I am gaining muscle. I just don't know what to do and feel like I spent all this money and it would be a waste. It's been 6 months since I did my legs and 3 since I did the tummy and flank and hip area. I noticed increased appetite after the second surgery but am restricting calories and still weight is going up

Weight gain after liposuction

Thank you for your question about your post-liposuction weight gain.
  • I am sorry to hear of your troubling situation.
  • If you are not gaining muscle, then your weight is probably either from swelling or fat.¬†
  • Swelling should be subsiding by now.
  • But exercise can definitely increase the swelling in an area of liposuction.
  • I suggest you see your plastic surgeon in follow-up to see if you are doing too much exercise for your body.
  • Wait three months and if the problem persists, then consider seeing your regular doctor as well -
  • Hormonal problems can cause weight gain and swelling, unrelated to your surgery.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

I suggest a consultation for a hi def liposuction procedure if you are a candidate and this can reshape your body in the way you are desiring so you can make more noticeable gains in the gym.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Weight gain after Tummy Tuck and lipo EVEN with exercise

Hi LA,

Thanks for your question. Based on your description, I would get a medical evaluation for any underlying issues that may be causing weight gain. Not sure if you are using a personal trainer to help with the increase in muscle mass. Please check with your primary care doctor to make sure that everything is ok. Seek advice from certified personal trainers! There are medications that help with weightless if nothing else is working. Good Luck.

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS
@weightloss @TummyTuck @docmata #drcarlosmata