Follow-up Question: I have been diligent with my diet and exercise a lot and it's not that I am gaining muscle.
Doctor Answers 3
Weight gain after liposuction
- I am sorry to hear of your troubling situation.
- If you are not gaining muscle, then your weight is probably either from swelling or fat.
- Swelling should be subsiding by now.
- But exercise can definitely increase the swelling in an area of liposuction.
- I suggest you see your plastic surgeon in follow-up to see if you are doing too much exercise for your body.
- Wait three months and if the problem persists, then consider seeing your regular doctor as well -
- Hormonal problems can cause weight gain and swelling, unrelated to your surgery.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting
Weight gain after Tummy Tuck and lipo EVEN with exercise
Thanks for your question. Based on your description, I would get a medical evaluation for any underlying issues that may be causing weight gain. Not sure if you are using a personal trainer to help with the increase in muscle mass. Please check with your primary care doctor to make sure that everything is ok. Seek advice from certified personal trainers! There are medications that help with weightless if nothing else is working. Good Luck.
All the best,
Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS
@weightloss @TummyTuck @docmata #drcarlosmata
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.