Would chin lipo help? (Photo)

So, I've always been self conscious about my profile because I have a double chin n no defined jaw line. Plus, I don't really have a chin. I'm thinking chin lipo/chin implant would help create a sharp jawline. So 1) do you think those procedures would help and 2) what's the average cost in LA for both? I probably want to try fillers for the chin first before getting an implant but I'm totally ready to get rid of this double chin.

Chin lipo and chin implant

Thanks for sharing.  You are a great candidate for chin implant and chin lipo.  Fillers will have a hard time creating the result of a chin implant due to the amount of recessed chin that you have.  Patients that have these procedures are highly satisfied.  Meet with a few experienced board certified facial plastic / plastic surgeons to review you options.  

Would chin lipo help?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years. From the photos, your chin is weak. A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin. Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty. I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone. In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.

Chin Lipo Candidate

Thanks for your question and pictures!

It seems like the chin lipo/chin implant combination would work well for your face. Your best bet would be to visit a board-certified surgeon in person to develop a personalized plan for optimal results.

Chin implant for better profile

Thank you for asking about your chin implant.

• You have two good choices -
  • You can have a bone operation (genioplasty) to move your jaw forward
  • Or you can have an extended chin implant to create the same look.
  • In either case, I believe you need a little liposuction and tightening of the muscle under the chin as well.
  • Find a Board Certified Plastic or Facial Plastic Surgeon -  there are many excellent ones in LA>
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Consider Genioplasty

Consider a bone genioplasty, with some liposuction
This will move your collapsed chin muscles forward and draw forward your neckline.
Plastic surgeons and maxillofacial surgeons do this.
Dr. Denkler

Possible chin liposuction and implant

Based on the photos you provided, it does appear that both liposuction under your chin and chin augmentation would be of benefit to your profile.  These procedures could be done separately but they could both be easily done at the same time.  There may be less of a cost if they are done together rather than at different times.  Different surgeons have different fees for procedures, so you could check with a few surgeons to compare.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon