Should I get a chin implant? (photos)

I just feel like I dont have one that fits my face. From my side profile view. Would a chin implant be good for my face? I also want to get my lips done to be bigger and a chin implant to even it out.

Chin implant candidate

A chin implant procedure can accomplish bringing the chin forward to help with facial balance and proportions, especially with respect to the projection of the nose. Chin implants are placed under local anesthesia as an outpatient procedure. In our practice, we have been using Implantech brand silastic chin implants for over 25 years with the next success rate.  For more information and many examples, please see the video and the link  below

Chin implant vs. neck liposuction #plasticsurgery

An in-person exam is required, but based on your photo, consideration for neck liposuction, and not a chin implant, should be given. Other surgeons may have different opinions on this topic, but this would be my approach.

CHIN AUGMENTATION CANDIDATE

Dear itsmeduhh, You would be an excellent candidate for chin augmentation to help provide balance to your profile and overall facial aesthetics. From the profile pictures you have above you appear to also have some fullness in the lower cheek area which could possibly benefit from buccal fat pad removal. This would be determined during consultation. Also during consultation you can have imaging performed to show you how these proposed procedures would look. See examples of chin augmentation on the link below and on the video above. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Chin implant candidate?

You would make a great chin implant candidate. The chin will provide improved harmony of your lower face which will look more proportionate to your stronger mid face.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Chin implant necessary?

Dear itsmeduhh,

• You can see if a chin implant would look good with computer imaging
  • It will give your face a little more balance and definition
  • When you are ready, visit a facial specialist who can examine you and address your concerns

Dr. Nima

Nima Shemirani, MD

Chin implant

My eye, your profile, is drawn to your low bridge.

I think this contributes to your unsatisfactory profile more than the smallish chin.

If your really want a chin implant, I think you should have a cartilage graft to raise your dorsum (bridge).

Get computer imaging to see what the changes would make

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant?

I think a chin implant would be great for you based on the profile photos you posted. The question is more what size to go with. Over the years, I have had numerous patients who got a small chin implant only to regret not getting a larger one years later. Also, from aging photographic studies, we know that as you age, the soft tissue and to a lesser degree your bone in that area retrudes. You may want to try fillers on the area first so that you get used to how it looks and then you can properly size the best chin implant for you. 

Lily Lee, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Should I get a chin implant?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.

Chin Augmentation

You would benefit by a chin augmentation procedure whose potential benefits can be determined before surgery by computer imaging. Whether your chin augmentation should be done by an implant or a sliding genioplasty would depend on how you want the chin to look from the front view and not just the side view.

Should I Get a Chin Implant/

A chin implant will improve chin projection, jawline definition, and proportions in your lower face. Your lips can be augmented with a filler such as Juvederm  or injections of your own fat.