Chin implant was removed 3 months ago and chin is still swollen. How can this be fixed? (Photo)

Should I get a chin tuck or wait a year for the scar capsule to disvolve. I hate how masculine I look now, not sure if I can wait a year. I love how Korea shortens the jaw and creates a point and feminize the chin... Is this a gienoplasty?

Doctor Answers 2


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Dear Tiffanysinclair, The above photographs both show a recessed chin which can be balanced with chin augmentation. A  chin implant that adds projection and not width should provide a nice balance to your profile and overall facial aesthetics. It could be that the last implant you had in was not well positioned or was the wrong size or style. Imaging can show you examples of how this procedure would better balance your face allowing a feminine appearance. An example of chin augmentations can be shown in the link below and the video above will show you an example of the imaging process. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Orange County Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 218 reviews

Swollen chin

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question and photos.  Neither photo depicts a good relationship between the forehead, nose, lips and chin.  Having said that, neither photo shows a masculine chin.  Both depict a significantly recessed chin.  You would probably be much happier with a custom chin implant or sliding genioplasty.  If you have an overbite, you should first correct that as it could help and change the chin recommendation.  See a specialist who can give you a detailed exam and make recommendations.  All the best!

Sirius K. Yoo, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.