Chin implant or neck lipo? (photo)

Do I have a weak chin? I'm considering either a chin implant or no surgical injectables. Maybe some chin/neck lipo too. What do you think are my best options?

CHIN AUGMENTATION CANDIDATE

Dear Cosmeticoptions, You would be an excellent candidate for chin augmentation to provide a nice balance to your profile and overall facial aesthetics. I would suggest seeking consultation with some experts in the field and have imaging performed to show you the proposed results.  See some examples in the link below and the imaging process in the video above. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Chin implant

Thanks for sharing. I feel you are a great candidate for a chin implant to correct the recessive chin. An extended chin implant will also help the pre jowl sulcus that can be seen in the photos.  I often perform this procedure under local anesthesia and oral sedation.  

Raymond E. Lee, MD

Chin implant and Neck liposuction candidate

From the one limited photograph presented, it does appear that there is a weak and recessive chin profile present for which a chin implant can improve. Chin implants are manufactured in a large variety of sizes and shapes, and are usually placed under local anesthesia as an outpatient procedure through a very small incision underneath the chin. In our practice, we  have used Implantech silastic chin implants for over 25 years with an excellent success rate. There's only a small amount of fat located in the neck for which liposuction will give a small improvement. For more information and many examples of both procedures including diagrams of the implants themselves, please see the link and the video below

Chin implant or neck lipo?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak and there is small amount of excess fat below the chin.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery. While liposuction, under the chin, can be performed at the same time as the chin implant surgery...liposuction alone would not provide the facial harmony and balance afforded by a chin implant.

Hope this helps.

Chin implant

a chin implant will definitely help your profile. There does not appear any need to do a liposuction . The neck will look better when the chin is augmented.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant and neck liposuction

Thank you for your question and photos.  You would definitely benefit from a chin implant to bring your forehead, nose, lips and chin into better harmony. To a lesser extent, you would also benefit from a little neck liposuction to sculpt the jawline.  All the best!

Sirius K. Yoo, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin and neck contouring

In person evaluation would be necessary to answer your question. Based on your photo chin augmentation is needed. However, whether additional contouring of the neck and jaw line (jowls) is going to be needed will depend on clinical presentation and your goals.

Yous should consult an experienced board certified plastic surgeon with good reputation in facial implants/rejuvenation to discuss your options. Good luck. 

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant

Thank you for the question and the photo and though an examination is needed from what I can see you would definitely benefit from chin augmentation.  At a complimentary consultation it could also be determined whether you would benefit from liposuction. 

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Chin Implant or Neck Liposuction

A chin/jowl implant will increase projection of the chin and improve definition of your jawline. Based on this picture i don't think liposuction will  improve your result.

Chin implant or lipo

I would consider a chin implant and neck lipo which will both improve your contour; you may also consider a thread lift to bring up your jowls. Please see examples below.

Arian Mowlavi, MD