Chin Implant too big? Still swollen? Weird lip and looks odd at angles. (photos)

Had a chin implant early July. Its been almost 2 months. The swelling since has significantly gone down to where I no longer look like Jay Leno, but there's still a weird curve at the bottom of my lip and sometimes just looks strange. I like to trust my surgeon but to me it seems like the healing date he initially told me just keeps extending longer and longer (it went from 2-3 months full heal to 6 months now). I am asking to check if it is indeed swelling or if the implant is simply too big?

Dear theeseesit, I would continue to see your surgeon for a follow up appointment and discuss your concerns. While you may still have some swelling present it may not be enough that it is effecting the shape and size that currently concerns you. You may need to have the implant replaced with a smaller version. Your surgeon can discuss the options available to you after a proper diagnosis. Sorry the photograph is not at a good angle to provide any further expert opinion. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Chin impant

it is hard to see from that photo. I think you should keep going to your surgeon one more time in 2 months and if you still feel it's too big have the implant removed. 

Majid Jamali, DMD
New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon