Chin Augmentation. Two surgeries and still not sure about the results. Is my implant off? (photo)

I got a chin implant w/ lipo suction in March 2016. After a while it felt to me the implant was not in proper position & left of my chin was still numb. My doc decided to re-adjust the implant in July. Now in Nov and my implant still feels off. I feel one side is more full than the other. I also still have numbness on the left and I still can't smile like I used to. Also my bottom lip does not move when I talk. My surgeon states I should give it time but it's 8 months later. Thoughts?

Chin Implant

Hi allstar21,

A dynamic facial expression should be demonstrated at least by video to show the function of the muscle related to the implant. A side view photo of your face is also neccessary for proper assessment of you facial profile, but based from the available photo, you seem to have a button shaped chin implant, and a revision mentoplasty with an anatomic type of implant with compensatory trim should correct the asymmetry and may even improve yoru facial harmony in relation to your jowls and jaw line.

Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon

Implant position

Thank you for the question and photo but an examination is really needed so see some other experts in the area and get opinions

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD