Will the tightness ever go away or is this an early sign of capsular contracture? (Photo)

I am 5 weeks post op. Under the muscle 425cc silicon .. Pre op I was a A cup.. I have a lot of tightness on both breast but more on my right breast. Would the tightness ever go away or is it an early sign of capsular contractor? Would I ever feel normal again?

Very early in your recovery

Thank you for your question. As others have also stated, you have a very nice result. Going from an A cup to B-C + will create significant tightness in your breasts this early. It generally takes about 3 months for early postoperative swelling to subside, and beyond that you're breast envelope we'll also stretch and loosen over time. While massaging implants is not a encouraged to the degree it was in past years, this may also help loosen the tissues.  You should discuss the preferences of your plastic surgeon with them in a followup appointment.  Cograduations on a nice result.

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Tightness

You are very early in your healing, and need to give yourself time for the swelling to subside and the tissue to stretch. Your surgeon can discuss breast exercises with you to help encourage movement.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Will the tightness ever go away or is this an early sign of capsular contracture?

Your result looks excellent this early in recovery. Capsule unlikely this early. See your surgeon for follow up. Ask about breast implant displacement exercises.

Breasts tight at 5 weeks, worse on one side

Thank you for asking about your breast implants.

• Chances are you are still tight because your tissues are still swollen -
  • Your implants have to stretch both the skin and muscle - things will feel tight.
  • Usually capsular contracture does not appear this early 
  • But if concerned, see your surgeon to be checked.
Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Tightness after breast augmentation

Your surgical results look very normal at this point.  The feeling of tightness can last for a while and 5 weeks is not excessive.  Capsular contracture does not happen this early.  Best to talk with your surgeon about your concerns.  He or she may want you to do some massage techniques.  Best wishes.