Burning sensation on left breast and I have a capsuler contracture also on my breast. Is that dangerous ?

Burning sensation on left breast and I have a capsular contracture also on my breast. Is that dangerous?

Severe forms of capsular contracture, can cause symptoms such as pain. A capsular contracture is not dangerous, but can deform the breast and cause pain.
Discuss these issues with your plastic surgeon. They will be able to discuss your treatment options.

Burning sensation with capsular contracture

Breast pain/ discomfort/ tightness/ burning sensation can often accompany severe cases of capsular contracture.  If there is no infection associated with what you are experiencing then it is usually not dangerous.  It may just be annoying and anxiety provoking.  Sometimes a ruptured silicone gel breast implant may cause similar symptoms.  Often times a ruptured silicone implant will stimulate capsular contracture.  The treatment is the same though- removal of the implant, capsulectomies and replacement with a new implant.  If you haven't done so already you should make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon so you can be properly examined and evaluated.  Best wishes.

Burning sensations and Capsular contracture

The capsular contracture is not dangerous and can be fixed by your plastic surgeon, make sure to bring this up to him when you have your post operation follow up.

I am not sure how far along you are in the healing process because you did not specify, but if you are still early in the post operative phase then the burning sensations are only a symptom from the muscles being stretched out inside the breast pocket. Burning sensations are common for a few weeks post-op but should stop soon. 

IF it has been several months since you had your breast augmentation then I very strongly recommend seeing your plastic surgeon to address both of these problems as soon as possible and assess your healing progress.

Best wishes

Traci Temmen, MD 

Traci Temmen, MD

Capsular contracture

You can have your capsular contracture that you are symptomatic from. This is not dangerous but can deform your breasts and be painful; you can even get insurance to help with your correction. Please see examples below.

Arian Mowlavi, MD