Bumpy, uneven skin after Smart Lipo - is it normal? (Photo)

I had smartlipo done on my lower abs 6 weeks ago, now my tummy is bumpy, uneven, i am freaking out! It will go away!?

Bumps & Lumps--What's Normal After Smart Lipo: add Venus Legacy, Cellutone

It is still too early for your final results and this can still be swelling, which can last up to 6 months. I do recommend adding RF treatments externally like venus legacy, exilis ultra, Vanquish, shock/vibration therapy like Cellutone/z wave, hyperbaric oxygen and compression in order to decrease swelling and improve results. It looks like you were more of a liposuction with skin removal candidate and you should see a revision specialist. Best, Dr. Emer

Uneven skin 6 weeks after smart lipo

Go for massages frequently, wear your compression garment around the clock and consider using a small insert pad over the lower abdomen. Those are the common steps to minimize wrinkled skin. At 6 weeks, healing is far from over.

Smart lipo

It's early in your recovery. The swelling and bumpiness will subside with time. Massaging can help to expedite this. Follow your surgeons instructions and contact him or her with any concerns. Best wishes

Scott C. Lindsay, DO
Reading Plastic Surgeon

Uneven contour after SmartLipo

At 6 weeks it is much too early to make judgments about results.  You still have some swelling and your skin is still retracting.  Share your concerns with your surgeon, but you may want to consider lymphatic massage or ultrasound treatments to hasten your progress.

Give it more time and massage the area

it will most likely improve. you will keep getting better for 6 months after Smartlipo. 

massage the area a few minutes several times per day should also help with the uneveness.

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Bumpy and Uneven after SmartLipo®

Dear MCV02.

Thank you for your pictures.  I am sorry that you are worried.  Please give this time.  I agree that massage is helpful.  Re-evaluate your results at 6 months if there are still concerns please seek evaluation from a board certified plastic surgeon

SmartLipo swelling

Thanks for your question and photos. Yes, very normal! 6 weeks is still very soon as you may still have swelling, Continue to wear your compression garment and massaging often helps! Optimal results are usually reached between 6-9 months so be patient. Best, Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD