Bump on the tip of my nose. Any suggestions? (photos)

I got a rhinoplasty 10 years ago about one year after sugary I got a bump on the right side of the tip of my nose. What Chould it be? I went for a few consultation for a revision but each doctors gave me a different answer . I really want to fix it but I'm sceard it will look worse.

Revision rhinoplasty for multiple problems after primary rhinoplasty.

besides the bump you mentioned you also have a hanging columella, tip asymmetry, a depression on the right side of your nose etc.  these are result of primary surgery and can be repaired with a revision rhinoplasty using cartilage from your septum or ear. See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural looking noses and can show you many examples of his revisions like yours and worse. 

Bump on tip of nose post rhinoplasty

Dear LIZ889, If you have a copy of your operative report it would be helpful for any consulting surgeons to understand what techniques were used by the previous surgeon. Since your surgery was ten years ago this may not be possible. It is hard to determine the exact cause of the bump from photographs alone. It may be  a tip graft that has been displaced or most likely the asymmetry is caused from a mis-balance in the cartilages either by uneven trimming or suturing technique. Either way this can be addressed with revision surgery as well as a few other issues with your nose that could be corrected if you so desired. Seek consultation with some experts, have imaging performed to discuss the proposed changes, review the surgeons before and after photographs and then you will be fully advised of your options. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Correcting Bump on Tip of My Nose

There are several possible causes of your tip asymmetry including interruption of the tip cartilage , more cartilage left on the fuller side, and asymmetrical position of the tip cartilages. Reviewing  your operative report from the first surgery and an examination by an expert rhinoplasty surgeon can be done to diagnose the problem before revision surgery. Also consider removing the slight fullness of your profile line and lifting the hanging columella (the strip between your nostrils)

Without an exam there is no way to know what caused the bump.  Most likely, it is a small cartilage graft that was displaced.  This may be a simple office procedure to correct.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD