Should I consider buccal fat to remove chubby cheeks and have sharper more defined jaw? + jaw/cheek bone question! (Photo)

30 Nov 2015 Hey my name is Jon I'm 22 years old. Ill always had the chubby cheek look my entire life. I use to be 300lbs and I lost a lot of weight via juice fasting (not the best way) I am wondering if buccal fat removal with reduce my chubby cheeks and also improve my jawline? Also I'm quite confused of what type of jawline/cheekbone I have? I want a sharper face thats more defined. Any opinions?

Reducing chubby look of face

Thank you for asking about your buccal fat removal.

• Buccal fat removal will reduce the fullness in your cheeks -
  • It will not improve your jaw line.
  • your photo suggests that you do have a lot of buccal fat.
  • This is an easy procedure to have with little risk - 
  • This seems a good place to start.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Buccal fat removal

There are several surgical procedures which will help to thin out a “chubby” face/neck. In older patients it usually involves some sort of lifting procedure. In younger patients like yourself it is usually either liposuction or buccal fat pad removal or a combination of both. I frequently liposuction the neck and chin area up to just above the jawline. I try not to liposuction the face itself because of the risk of visible indentations and skin contour irregularities. However, in patients with significant fat in the facial area I will do this. In the right patient with excess fat in the mid-cheek area my procedure of choice for thinning the contour of the face is removal of the buccal fat pads. You fall into this category.  Buccal fat removal is a very simple and effective procedure to sculpt the cheek area. The results are not dramatic but they are very visible and noticeable.  It will reduce cheek fullness and define the jawline and cheekbones. It is a procedure that can be done under local anesthesia or with very mild sedation. The procedure takes less than an hour to perform. There is no pain, no scars, no down time and minimal swelling. It will take 1-2 months to see your final result.  Make sure you seek the opinion of board-certified plastic surgeons with experience in this type of surgical procedure.  I hope this information is helpful to you!

Thomas Taylor, MD, FACS
Pasadena, CA

Should I consider buccal fat to remove chubby cheeks ? = Yes you could #fb #buccalfatpadremoval #chubbycheeks #drmesa

Patients that would like a more defined/sculpted and masculine look could undergo a plastic surgery procedure called buccal fat pad removal.

Buccal fat pad removal consist in the removal of the fat of the lower cheeks that gives the face a round or cubby face. The procedure is performed through small incisions inside the mouth ( with no visible external scars). Removal of the buccal fat pat allows the cheek bones to be revealed giving a more "sculpted" look or chiseled appearance. This is a procedure commonly done by professional models. Buccal fat pad removal can be done wide awake under pure local anesthesia with minimal discomfort or pain in patient candidates.

Buccal fat pad removal does NOT improve the haw line. Jaw line improvement/definition could be achieved with jaw implants ( chin and mandible implants) in patient candidates.

Patients interested in buccal fat pad removal should make a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon specialized in cosmetic plastic surgery of the face

John Mesa MD
New York City (#NYC) & New Jersey (#NJ)

John Mesa, MD

Chubby Cheeks

There are a few ways to slim and contour the face.  While buccal fat removal will slim the face, the jawline can also be improved with some adjunctive treatments/procedures.  Please consult with a board certified specialist in faces who can assist you with achieving the results you seek. 3-dimensional computer imaging can help you visualize what you may look like afterwards and serve as an important communication tool with your surgeon.

Kimberly Lee, MD