What are these bruises, filler or swelling? (photos)

I had 1 syringe of Belotero put under my eye on 09/23/2016 and I have these sort of creases underneath my eye and i am unsure if these are bruises or something else

Bruising and Swelling after Injection

This is difficult to answer without seeing a before picture. Sometimes with Belotero you can have extended swelling in this area. You can ice and massage your lower lids to help with the swelling. I also recommend having the evaluated by your treating physician

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Belotero injection to the undereyes

It is common to see some bruising and swelling under the eyes after filler injection since this is a very delicate area. That being said, it is hard to comment on what exactly is going on in your case without having a before photo to compare too. If it is typical post procedure bruising or swelling, expect it to resolve within 7-10 days. If it doesn't then I would followup with your injector 

Bruising Post Injections

Bruising is a normal side effect post fillers especially to areas like the lips or the under eyes. It is difficult to tell however from the photos you provided since i cannot know how the area looked like prior to your injections.

Please follow up with your plastic surgeon for proper post op assessment. You may require some more fillers.

Regards,

Bruising

Without a before injection picture it is tough to say for sure, but it can be bruising or swelling, even at one month. It could also be something called tyndall effect, which causes a bluish color to the skin (although I haven't seen this problem with Belotero).  Either way, gentle massage and icing can help and it will eventually improve if it is a result of the filler as belotero only lasts about 3 months.  Good luck and I hope this helped!

Dr. C

Guy Cappuccino, MD
Mount Airy Plastic Surgeon

Still Swollen With Belotero for Under-Eye

This is tough to answer without a before picture for reference. However, Belotero can sometime cause extended swelling in this area. Patients with swelling can try icing the lower lids, gentle massage from your nose to the outer corners and Zyrtec. If that doesn't work, make an appointment with the doctor that injected the filler. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer