My breast look uneven after a lift looks. How can this be corrected? (photos)

I am about 4 months post-op. I had a breast lift without implants. My breast look noticeable different. I love the left breast, but the right breast is still very droopy and the incision line almost ends in the middle of my breast. Please help. I feel very defeated and more self conscious about my breast then I did before the surgery.

Uneven breasts

Hi, Autumn88
Sorry to her that you are feeling "defeated and more self conscious."
You seem to have a good result from breast lift.
However, everyone has some degree of asymmetry.  I don't know how much asymmetry you had prior to your surgery.  If the asymmetry bothers you, you can have revision to further correct the difference.  
Please wait couple more months prior to revision.
Discuss with your plastic surgeon about your concern.
Best regards.

Breast Asymmetry post Breast Lift

Without an in person exam, it is difficult to asses your asymmetry. No two breasts are perfectly even, but if you are unhappy with your results, you need to speak with your surgeon about revision options and whether its worth it. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Breast lift asymmetry

While you appear to have a nice result from your breast lift, it does appear that you have some mild asymmetry.  A small touch up should be able to give you very symmetrical breasts.  I recommend discussing this with your surgeon.  Good luck!

Not happy with lift

The best way to improve your breast look is to consider a breast augmentation which will
a)fill up your upper pole
b)give you better cleavage
c)improve any asymmetry
d)hide your incision lines centrally
Please make a consultation to discuss your specifics.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

See your surgeon to evaluate

Overall you have nice incisions around your nipples. It's difficult to see the difference in the breast size without an exam. It does appear that there is a diference with your lower pole/inframmamary scar on the breast facing directly on the second photo. Breasts are never identical, but if a minor revision of the lower pole IMF incisionĀ is needed, your surgeon should be able to safely do so.

Wesley G. Schooler, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Maybe a small revision to better place your incision would help

Overall, they look fairly symmetric- pictures are always difficult to tell.  I also can't tell if this is a mirror picture and my "left" and "right" are backwards.  In any event, it does look like in the picture that your incision is not exactly in your inframammary fold which may be the concern you are talking about.  If that is the case, just address this concern with your plastic surgeon and I am sure there is a simple remedy.

Breast Lift without Implants

Difficult to really tell the difference between the two breasts from the photos but I do see a slight asymmetry between the two breasts.  It is always best to begin with your plastic surgeon and discuss your disappointment with him or her and see what they think they can do to improve things.

If you don't get the answers you like then I would consult with a board certified plastic surgeon that has experience in breast revision surgery.  I understand that you likely opted out from having implants placed initially, but one alternate at this point would be to consider placement of implants to help give you some upper pole fullness and slight bit of more volume.

Hope that helps, good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Unhappy Breast Lift Result

I am sorry you are not happy with your result.  I do see one breast has an inframammary scar and no creasing, and the other I can't see the inframammary scar and a persistent inframammary crease.  Unfortunately, photos can be deceiving, so an examination would be required to fully assess your breasts. 

Given what I can see, you may need more skin removed from the inframammary area to tighten up the one breast. Discuss this with your surgeon.  If he doesn't give you satisfaction, get some second opinions.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast lift

Thanks for your sharing your story, and I'm sorry to hear you are feeling disappointed. I actually think you have a very nice looking result. You seem to have a fairly reasonable balance and symmetry, and your scars are very faint. You could always consider placing a small breast implant at some point which would add fullness to the upper pole of the breasts, and fill out some more of the skin envelope. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon