Should I have a second breast reduction surgery?

I had my surgery July 2014 and went from a 32E/F down to a 32DD. I requested to be a size 32C. I am now (and was also then) 115 lbs and am 5 foot 3, I was 18 at the time of my surgery and am now 20 years old. I feel I am out of proportion to the rest of my body, I have a very petite frame and am not overweight, I also still have back pain. If I do need another surgery, will I have to pay and how much might it cost? Would you recommend another surgery?

Revision Breast Reduction

Revision Breast Reduction is certainly possible. I have done a fair amount of these in my practice. It is important that you get your original operative report so that the surgeon who does your revision has a good idea of the blood flow pattern that remains for your nipple-areolar complex.

Only you can decide if you need another reduction

and insurance covers this only if certain weight minimums are removed at your procedure.  You can find out if yo quality by scheduling a consultation to be evaluated for this.  Otherwise you can choose to have an elective secondary reduction and realize that your ability to breast feed fully will be nil.  You already have the scars so you know what to expect there.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast reduction

It is very possible to have your breast reduced further. I recommend that you were seen in person by board-certified plastic surgeon for proper recommendations. I highly recommend that your operative report is closely read and followed to prevent any complications.

Revision Breast Reduction

It is highly likely you can be reduced further. You will need to be seen by a revision breast surgery expert to determine how much more tissue can be removed.  It would likely be about the same or more money than your previous surgery going to another surgeon, and it would likely be less staying with your surgeon. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Thank you for your question.  It's really hard to say without photos.  However, if you continue to have disproportionately large breasts that are contributing to back pain, breast reduction can be considered.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  The average cost of the procedure based on 5760 realself reviews is $6875.  This will vary from region to region and surgeon to surgeon based on many factors.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS