Breast reduction vs lift? (Photo)

I have a small thin frame with heavy 32 DDD breast. I weight 105 and I'm 5'2. My breast became saggy after giving birth. I would like a lift to restore them to the position they once were. Would I need a reduction to reduce my cup size or will the lift remove enough to do this? I do not want implants. I overall like the way I look in a bra but hate the sagging and pain cause from having to wear bras that will hold me up. What scars can I expect after surgery?

Minimal scar breast reduction/lift technique

Thank you for your question and useful photograph. Breast reduction to eliminate pain is no longer necessary. The Ultimate Breast Lift technique transfers the weight of the breast to the underlying muscles to relieve your skin envelope from painful stretching affecting your neck, back and shoulders. Scars are hidden in the breast fold and around the areola. The vertical incision has been completely eliminated. An internal bra is fashioned from your own tissues  to shape your breasts instead of relying on the skin envelope alone like the conventional vertical scar techniques. Results are longer lasting and there is less scarring making the UBL a more desirable option.I hope this helps.Best wishes and kind regards,

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift Candidate

Most women who experience #sagging of the #breasts are potential candidates for a breast lift. A #mastopexy or breast lift will improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. Those with breast #sagging or #ptosis experience improvements with the surgery. Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy. In some cases, the insertion of an implant, may be advisable, or your own fat can be transferred to enlarge and shape the breast.
Also, developmental problems such as asymmetric breasts, one breast is lower than the other, or differences in size can be addressed with a #BreastLift.

Additionally, the procedure provides an opportunity to create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height.

Breast lift

I think the lift alone will make you about the right size.  When your breast are lifted, they will seem a little smaller even if a reduction is not done at the same time.  I also agree that you don't need implants.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Tiny little secret

Breast reduction and breat uplift (mastopexy) are exactly the SAME technique, absolutely NO difference; the surgeon may make more enphasis in lifting or reducing, but for sure they are two sides of the same coin.

Alejandro Nogueira, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

Hi! To correct the assimetry you need a bit of reduction, the lift to achieve a nicer breast shape. You'll have a great result. Besos! Dr C

Breast reduction vs lift?

Thank you for the question and picture. Based on your description, you will benefit from breast lifting, possibly reduction surgery. Which operation will best meet your goals will depend on exactly your (size) goals are. I would suggest that you seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. Then, it will be important for you to communicate her goals carefully. Discussing your goals and/or basing your satisfaction with the results of surgery, based on a specific cup size is not helpful.  In other words, a “C or D cup" may mean different things to different people and be a source of miscommunication. I think you will be better off communicating your goals with the help of goal pictures.  Most patients I take care of ask to achieve enough of a breast reduction to help decrease/alleviate symptoms they are experiencing, while maintaining enough breast tissue to remain “proportionate” (upper and lower body).

Again careful communication of your goals with your carefully selected plastic surgeon will be critical; give him/her as many "visual aids” as possible.  I hope this, and the attached link ( dedicated to breast lift surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.

Reduction vs lift

Thank you for the phot and question and a lift alone would not reduce your breasts while a reduction woud both lift and reduce your breasts.  It sounds like a reduction would give you the result you are looking for.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Breast reduction vs lift?

Whether a lift alone, or a lift with a small reduction depends entirely on your goal look. If you want to be smaller then a small reduction/lift. If you like the basic size, then lift alone. Either way it is going to look great. t national meetings the majority of surgeons indicate year after year they prefer the anchor scar.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast Reduction | Breast Size

Thank you for your question about breast reduction.

A breast lift and breast reduction are similar on the same spectrum.  Simply, tell your surgeon what size that you want to be.  A lift can be performed with enough volume removed to make you the size that you like.

To be sure, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Breast reduction vs lift?

If you want to go smaller, a breast reduction can be performed.  This will lift the breasts as well. 
I would search for the board certified plastic surgeon who you feel is most likely to give you the best results and who performs hundreds of these procedures each year. I would look at patient reviews as well as before and after photos on that surgeon's website.