Breast Lift with XL implant. What size would I need to go from 36F to H cup? (Photo)

So I am looking to get an XL silicone implant with a full breast lift. I am post breastfeeding/60lbs weight loss, so there's lots of loose skin and deflation. I am not sure what size is best, but i want to go from 36F to H cup. What size implant would that be?

Which size for an H cup?

Hello AVJLOVE. This is how we do sizing:

1) Guiding patients to explore reasonable options for breast implant size, usually two to three similar sizes, which allows the patient to visualize how different volumes affect their breast cup.

2) The best guide for a final breast implant size recommendation is derived using measurements from the patient’s own breasts and chest.

3) When measurements are considered then options for sizes can be presented.

4) I use the Mentor Volume Sizing System of breast sizers to demonstrate how these different volumes will look on a patient’s body.

5) This methods offers good reliability and is simple to use, but is not perfect.

Be careful combining "big" breast implants combined with a lift because it's going to increase the risks of poor wound healing, wound separation and necrosis during breast lift. Best, Dr. ALDO.

Breast Augmentation and Lift

It is difficult to give advise regarding large implants without an exam.  You are a candidate for a breast lift, but measurements are needed to determine the correct implant size.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your goals and expectations.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Breast Lift with XL implant. What size would I need to go from 36F to H cup?

You have loss of volume in the upper pole which can be corrected with a large implant but with no measurement or examination it is hard to tell. Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Breast Augmentation and Lift

Giving advice online regarding sizing is very difficult as a plastic surgeon would need to examine you and perform measurements as well. 

In my practice we use several different measures to come up with an implant size that is appropriate for your body and for your desires.  It is not always possible to state what cup size you will be, especially since every bra company has their own sizing, so if one bra fits you another bra company with same size bra may not fit.

Best advice you could be given is to seek out a board certified plastic surgeon who performs a great deal of breast surgery.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.
Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.
I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.
By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.
I hope this helps. Good luck!

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Deflation after weight loss

From taking care of a lot of women with your problem, I have found that by rearranging your current breast tissue (from these ides) and using an implant we can achieve your goals.
It is important to meet with a board-certifed plastic surgeon who can discuss your options.

best of luck!

Thank you for the question. I would suggest a staged approach to achieve your goals; breast lift first followed by secondary breast augmentation surgery. You will find that online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific advice in regards to selection of specific breast implant size/profile. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals will be critical.
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “extra large” or "H cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery ( after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers). Viewing the patient's chest wall in the upright and supine positions, with temporary sizes in place, help select the best breast implant size/profile for the specific patient.
I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to larger breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

Takes careful planning

Thanks for your question. While you should seek consultation from a board certified plastic surgeon who frequently performs these procedures, you appear to be a candidate for a breast lift. When trying to combine a lift and large implants (500-800cc), especially in the face of significant weight loss, the combination can be difficult to achieve a good result, and can lead to complications like skin or nipple loss and implant extrusion. Many advocate using only moderate  sized implants and a lift, or staging the procedure. While you appear to have a good skin envelope, weight loss patients often have very weak tissue structure to hold a large implant in good placement, and this can lead to malposition of the implant over time.

Wesley G. Schooler, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon