Can a breast lift without implants be done? (Photo)

I want to get a breast lift but don't want implants and wondered if that would be possible due to how empty looking my breasts are, not to mention the excess skin. I've lost 82 pounds (and counting) and it really shows. Around how much would the procedure cost in Los Angeles?Would they be full-looking in the upper area?Breast feeding in the future would be possible, right?How much smaller would they be?My goal with the procedure would be to have them higher and more full,increasing size is not important .

Breast Lift

Thank you for your photo. Due to the position of your nipples and breast tissue, you would require a lift. A breast lift will reposition your nipple and your breast tissue higher onto your chest. Implants can also be placed at the same time or at a separate surgery if you would specifically like more fullness or roundness on the top of your breast and a larger size. A breast lift alone will make your breasts slightly smaller since some skin and tissue will be removed to tighten the envelope and lift your breasts. Again if you are unsure, you can always have implants placed at a later time which will also allow you to make some adjustments to your breasts. Breastfeeding is unaffected in the majority of patients but a small number do experience loss of breastfeeding or decreased milk production.  Hope this helps!!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Breast Lift

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Can a breast lift without implants be done?

Thank you for your question. You are a candidate for a breast lift. It's important to understand that a breast lift uses the nipple and reshapes the breast, but has a very natural look. The upper part of the breast has less fullness. If more fullness is desired in the upper pole, then a breast implant is used. Breast-feeding is possible after a breast lift depending on the technique. However, breast-feeding is not guaranteed. If breast-feeding is extremely important, then it's best to delay a breast lift surgery. Your breast in the same size after a breast lift, but tend to appear smaller. Make sure to see board-certified plastic surgeons when considering a breast lift procedure.

Can a breast lift or mastopexy be done without implants?

The answer is yes.  In my practice there are some patients that have enough natural breast volume and they just need reshaping with a breast lift.  Keep in mind that a mastopexy or breast lift still has a natural breast shaped and does not give upper pole fullness.  If you want upper pole fullness then an implant may need to be placed but this will also increase your cup size.

Best of luck to you.

Best of luck to you.

Breast lift with out implants

Absolutely.  I prefer my patients undergo breast lift separately from augmentation.  Congratulations on your weight loss.  Make sure you are at or near your goal weight prior to surgery.  If you desire more breast volume augmentation can easily be performed later.  Consult with board certified plastic surgeons in your area to give you local pricing and assist you with your aesthetic goals.  

Breast lift with out implants

Breast lift

Thanks for your questions and photos. You are a good candidate for a breast lift without an implants with some caveats. Given your anatomy, it will be very diffficult to get upper pole fullness without an implant. How smaller they will be is difficult to predict just by pictures, and would require in-person consultation and lengthy discussion about your goals. Breast feeding should be possible, however, you may have a reduced supply of breast milk and may need to supplement - as a lot of the breast tissue is detached from the pedicle attached to the nipple during the surgery. With these surgeries, there is always a small/rare chance of needing a free nipple graft - in the event of a complication, which precludes future breast feeding. As long as you are well informed of all these possibilities, you should have a great result from this surgery. Good luck to you!

Breast lift

Breast lift alone may be an option.

It can be possible to have a breast lift without also having breast implants, but your suitability would need to be assessed using more than some photos online. The best place to start is by booking a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon with extensive breast lift and breast augmentation experience. After meeting with you face to face and examining you, a reputable plastic surgeon can recommend the most suitable option for your specific requirements. Well done on the weight loss and I hope you achieve the results you’re looking for.

Breast lift alone may be an option.

The right treatment for you

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a  Breast Augmentation

The right treatment for you

The Bellesoma Method

Thank you for your question and photos, 

The Horndeski Method/The Bellesoma Method is a current technique to lift and/or reduce breasts without using implants or the ugly vertical scars.  The incisions are hidden around the areola and in the inframammary crease. The vertical incision has been completely eliminated. The areola incision heals almost invisibly due to the fact that there is hardly any tension on the closure. With this particular technique, ducts are preserved along with nerve supply maintaining nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed. Because the breast is reshaped internally and is secured to your chest muscles, upper pole fullness is possible without an implant. Attached is a patient who underwent The Horndeski Method/The Bellesoma Method. Please note that her tissue was used to create upper pole fullness and cleavage without any foreign materials (mesh, implants, etc).  It is a proprietary technique that only surgeons that have been trained by me can perform. I hope this helps. 

Best wishes and kind regards, 

Dr. Gary Horndeski

The Bellesoma Method

Thank you for your question and photos, 

Best wishes and kind regards, 

Dr. Gary Horndeski

Breast lift

You are a great candidate for a breast lift, you don't really need an implant unless you want the fullness on top,good luck!

Breast lift

Breast reduction, breast lift, lipolift, mastopexy

I appreciate your question.

I perform a liposuction breast lift that removes tissue from the areas you don't want such as near the armpit and the lower portion hanging near your stomach. Once I use this to shape the breast I then remove the skin to tighten the breast and create a better shape with nice cleavage. Since I perform this less invasively the recovery time is faster and drains are not necessary. The size would depend on the proportion with your body versus going for a cup size. It works very well if there are asymmetries. I can also use the removed fat as a natural breast augmentation by grafting the fat back into the breast to create more projection or into the top to create more cleavage. If you have shoulder grooves from your bras, I can also use the fat to fill these areas in and give you more cushioning as well as contour. This procedure can also be combined with an implant if needed or wanted.  It should not affect nipple sensation, mammograms, cancer risk or breast-feeding. If you gain or lose weight, the transferred fat can do the same.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.  

Dr. Schwartz 

#RealSelf100Surgeon 

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

I appreciate your question.

Dr. Schwartz 

#RealSelf100Surgeon 

#RealSelfCORESurgeon