Should I get a breast lift with augmentation or just a breast lift? Experience with DR Fisher? Who would you recommend? (Photo)

I am a 34 DDD. I want to keep the volume, but most importantly make them look lifted. I don't mind adding volume. I also would like to make my nipples look smaller too. What type of lift should I get or not and what type of augmentation should I get or not ? I am getting a BBL on Dec 1 with Dr Fisher and I am considering going back 6 weeks later to get the lift/ augmentation.

Breast Lift /Breast Reduction/ Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants

Thank you for your question.I specialize in breast lift procedures and restorative breast surgery.  From your photos, it appears you would benefit most from a wise pattern breast lift.  Your breasts are large enough to not use an implant.   I would remove some volume with liposuction to best sculpt your breasts and then lift them which would reposition your nipples, along with reshaping your breasts, giving them a more youthful appearance. In my office we also use the VECTRA system.  It takes photos of you from different angles to create a 3D image. It leaves you with a 3D image of your breasts you can see from angles you have never seen before. I have found it incredibly useful for my patients when discussing breast augmentation.   What I love about the VECTRA is how it helps my patients. It helps YOU see your breasts. Really see your breasts. Photos can be unforgiving, and a 3D photo really shows it like it is. VOLUME:  Is one breast larger than the other? This has 2 different ways of looking at volume, which takes into account ribcage and position differences.  WIDTH: Is one breast wider? Is your chest ribcage asymmetric?  CLEAVAGE:  What is the natural spacing between your breasts? Cleavage is an area many of my patient really want to improve and fill when they do an implant. For sure implants help this area, but there are natural differences in the cleavage spacing which we can’t control. Vectra does an analysis of this to show where your natural breast ends.  IMF:  Our fancy doctor term for the bottom of the breast fold is the inframammary fold. The IMF is where your underwire would go, i.e. where your breast starts from. Turns out our breasts don’t usually start at the exact same place. This difference in position can make the breasts look different and affect nipple position.   NIPPLE POSITION: This one tends to be more noticeable. Where are your nipples? Are they even?The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Jaime S. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Should I get a breast lift with augmentation or just a breast lift? Experience with DR Fisher? Who would you recommend?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures. At the first 3 to 5 months, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast lift with or without implants?

Thanks for your question and photographs.  You will definitely achieve a significant improvement in the aesthetics of your breasts with a full or vertical uplift.  Once you have chosen your plastic surgeon discuss with him/her the option of placement of small to modest sized implants to enhance upper pole fullness as well as projection.  The uplift procedure alone will narrow your areolar diameters and raise your nipple areolar position. If you are uncertain regarding the choice of placement of an implant you can undergo the procedure without it and decide in the future if you would like an implant placed. Good luck with your choice. Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Breast lift

From your photos, you seem to have a fair amount of breast tissue already. You should be able to get a very nice result with just a breast lift. If you'd like to increase your breast size you could do so easily at the same time with an implant. Be sure to express your goals and expectations with your chosen surgeon. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#drdeanvistnes #realself #breastlift

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Find the right surgeon

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a consult.

Should I get a Lift with implants or just a Lift

The answer depends on your desire for upper breast fullness.  If you want more fullness, then I would use a implant.  However, I personally would do a 2 stage surgery; first reduce and lift your breasts and then several months later place a implant.

Christopher Costanzo, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Should I get a breast lift with augmentation or just a breast lift?

I rarely do a breast lift alone as this adds virtually no fullness to the upper pole. Some surgeons claim they can move some of the lower breast tissue into the upper breast. I have never seen this convincingly demonstrated, at least in the long or even medium term. I tell my patients that their upper breasts will be as flat after a lift as before. For this reason I almost always place an implant, even a small one, as this allows my patients to be much happier with their results. Finally, I am a big fan of the vertical or lollipop breast lift, as this narrows and cones the breast. I no longer do the anchor-style lift which often produces wide, boxy breasts and dropped creases. In very droopy breasts I occasionally add a very short scar in the crease, but this is NOT an anchor lift. It is a lollipop lift in design, dynamics and execution, with excision of a bit of excess skin along the crease if necessary. I do this in less than 1 case in 20. All the best.

BBL and breast lift

You should get your BBL and breast lift at the same time. This will save you money and allow you to have your fat removed from your breast to be transferred to your buttocks as well.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Breast lift and reduction to improve breast appearance #plasticsurgery

A reasonable approach in your case might be a breast reduction/lift with placement of a submuscular implant to improve upper pole fullness.

Your breast are quite ptotic (droopy). Adding volume means adding weight which leads to more droop. You will need a major lift which can easily include reduction of areola size. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD